Chapter 3

"hey, Sunghoon." A voice called out, catching his attention, he looked up to see Jake. "What do you want?"

The older just hummed with a smile, "I wanted to ask how you came up with the love letters." Jake whispered. "Oh, shut up. They're going to get here in any minute now." the younger whispered back.

"Can't you just tell me that? I wanna write it too." Sunghoon looked at him confused, "Why do you wanna write them?" "Because I'm bored, so just give me some tips~"

"Just search up some love songs or something, I don't know!" he replied, "what do you mean you don't know? Hey! You wrote them."

"Shhh!" Sunghoon quickly shushed them as they were in the library, "tone it down."

Sunghoon says sorry and sits back down, continuing his homework.

Jay, Jungwon, and Riki arrived at the library soon after.

They all came to sit down and started studying. Riki smiled at Sunghoon as he sat beside the older.

That small smile could be the reason why Sunghoon gets a heart attack.

The younger struggled to keep his leg still, which the elder noticed. "Are you okay?" he asked,

"Mhm, I think I'm just getting growth pains again. I'm fine," he answered, Sunghoon just nodded, a bit worried cause Riki seemed a bit light-headed but also seemed fine.

I'll just keep a close eye on him for today... just incase 

Will your love ever come to me one day?
If it does what will your love feel like?
Will it be like how the books and movies describe it? Is love really perfect?
Is it a fantastic feeling? Will I even build enough courage one day?
To confess face to face.

"It's been a while since I've been getting love letters... you know, I never really have thought I would have someone... adore and like me so much." Riki said, "I mean, you're really loveable, I understand why people would like you." Jake replied.

"That's flattering, I would've believed that you liked me for a second there." Riki joked, "you brat! I'm being kind and telling you that you're likable. I'm not saying I like you." Jake replied and smacked his arm. "Ow"

"Now now Jake, don't hit him," Sunghoon said. "You're only saying this because you l-" a hand slammed over his mouth. "Jake, don't say a single word about that."

"You said no hitting! why'd you slap me?" Jake asked with a pout. "If I didn't, you would expose me and I do not want that."

Jake laughs, "yeah yeah, whatever makes you happy"

The two bickered as the rest watched, it wasn't a new sight for them to see.

Jake and Sunghoon bickering happened quite usually.

"Oh, by the way, how's your leg?" Jungwon asked, "Oh um it's fine... It's been happening for a few days but I'll be okay." Riki answered with a smile.

"Make sure to stretch and walk every morning." "Mhm"

[ The next day ]

The trio of the group waited for Jungwon and Riki to arrive at the cafeteria, wondering why the two didn't arrive at school before the bell had rung.

As they wondered, Jungwon ran into the cafeteria, panting as he arrived at their table.

"Good afternoon, Wonie. You didn't need to rush here." Jake told him as he handed the younger a bottle of water. "I know, I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting for longer, the Professor took longer than usual."

"Where's Riki?" Jay asked, "Um, he didn't come to school today. His mother called in sick today. She said her body was... um, heated? and I think he caught a cold. She also said um... I forgot the word." Jungwon said. "Oh... I see"

"Will he be okay though?" Sunghoon asked, "He will, he just needs to rest for today... or a few more." Jungwon answered, "You can maybe pile up a few love letters for the while... Riki loves your letters."

The elder's face turned into a shade of red, "He doesn't really talk much about it with you guys but whenever we're waiting for the teacher to come during class, he never fails to mention how the letters somehow manage to give him a spark and butterflies in his stomach."

Sunghoon hid his face with his palms as the three laughed, "he probably does that cause he thinks it's a classmate..." he mumbled, "Oh, shut up. don't say that you hopeless romance." Jay ruffled his hair.

"If you want, you should go visit Riki after school. I'm sure his mother wouldn't mind a bit of company." Jungwon said

"He's right, His mother has favorites and it's you, she prefers you more than Riki too." Jake joked. "don't say that, that sounds ridiculous. Who would prefer their son's friend more than their son?" Sunghoon said.

"Some parents would but good point, I guess."

Sunghoon sighed and slightly rolled his eyes, "hurry up, we have class in fifteen minutes."

"And plus, I don't think I'll visit Riki after school... He should rest, I could be a bother instead."

"Sunghoon, you're not a bother." jay put his hand on his shoulder, "but either way, it's your choice.

And Sunghoon fails his decision, he ended up making another before school ended.

"Hm? are you going to visit someone?" His mother asked as Sunghoon struggled to put on his shoelaces after quickly running home a while back. "A friend, he's sick today," he replied,

"Oh, is it Jake?" Sunghoon smiled but shook his head, "it's Riki."

"You're visiting your sick boyfriend? Sunghoonie, you're all grown up now~" She teased, making the male feel flustered. "He's not my boyfriend!" "Well, that is true... but you like him."

"Mom, that doesn't mean we're dating," Sunghoon whined. "I know I know, I'm sorry. Now run along. don't stay out too long, okay?" she ruffled his hair as she walked back into her room to continue her work.

yelling out a Goodbye to his mother, Sunghoon walked out of his house and to Riki's place.

The two's places weren't quite far, so it wasn't quite a problem to walk there.

Halfway, he remembered that he should've brought something for Riki,

instead of going in without anything.

His hand was just about to knock on the door of Riki's house.

...I mean I did bring some money. I'll just go buy something at the store.

Putting his hand back into his pocket, he was about to walk away to go to a store, when the door opened.

"Oh, Sunghoon!" 

Author note: I'm really sorry for this update being later than usual and with less word count, as I got sick the other day before I got to write this chapter :(