Chapter 8

(Full image)

(Full image)

As Irys, Kiara, Kronii, Ame and Gura are running through the forest barefoot, afraid and tired, they turn around to see if they had managed to lose there chasers, luckily afted a few minutes of scouting out the area, setting up a fire and bedding made with leaves, they set up a mini camp underneath a large dirt overhang.

"Kronii what did they do to you?" Kiara asked with pure curiosity.

"You don't want to know" Kronii replied.

"But I do want to know." Kiara responded.

"You really don't." Kronii intervened.

"Are you uncomfortable talking about it?" Gura asked.

"No it's not that" She responded. "Fine I'll tell you"

After Kronii explains the whole situation and what her fellow council members had done to her, the others became silent, Kronii had noticed there pupils had dilated and went small out of pure fear thinking about what Kronii had gone through.

"Oh Kronii I'm so sor—" Irys got interrupted by hearing that voice again.

"Irys, oh, Irys, there's no hope, your whole existence isn't hopeful, in fact you being with them is making them lose hope, and they're slowly falling into despair" Mumei's voice echoed through Irys's head.

"Irys, are you okay? Ame asked.

Irys didn't answer, instead she just held her head in her hands.

"Irys?" Gura poked Irys. But there was no response.

Kiara got up and walked over to Irys now forcefully removing her hands, Kiara notices the swirls in her eyes, and with a split second, SLAP, Irys was out of the trance.

Tears started to well up in her eyes again, as her cheek started to turn a dark pink.

"I'm sorry Irys, but you were in a trance again." Kiara said.

"I know it's okay" Irys responded. Kiara pulled Irys into a hug.

^SNAP^

A twig had snapped above them, as Irys gasped, Kiara quickly pushed Irys to the back of the dirt wall and sat herself next to Irys covering Irys mouth as well as her own to quieten there breathing, Ame did the same, as Kronii and Gura held there breath.

To there Horror, Bae had leaned over and was looking at the terrified girls upside down. Gura kicked Bae in the nose making her fall back and tend to her nose, in which Fauna started to heal it with a plant. As that was going on they decided to make a break for it, bolting as fast as they could out of there little cubby hole they were sheltering in. As they kept on running, they looked back and noticed Irys wasn't with them. As they went back to look for Irys, she was no where to be found, then suddenly a vine holding a weird square box came down from a local tree, to reveal a holographic screen, which was black.

The black screen soon faded to what seemed to be footage within Fauna's house, and in the main centre of the image was Irys, she was dangling from a chain made out of stars, which seemed to be draining her of energy. Irys hair was messy and was dangling over her eyes, they had noticed Irys's horns were torn, one horn was almost completely snapped off, whereas the other one was a little chipped. It was a horrible site to see. Soon a voice was heard.

"If you don't hand over Kronii back to us, and turn yourselves in to us, then Irys here will no longer be hope." Fauna said in her calming whispered tone.

"What do you mean, she will no longer be hope?" Kiara gathered the courage to speak.

"I mean little MeiMei here, will turn Irys into the opposite of hope....Despair!" Fauna replied. "Think fast, because within 30 minutes her transition will be complete"

The girls looked at each other with fear and worry in there eyes.

Before they knew it, 25 minutes had already passed. As they could hear screams coming from Irys. They all decided to gather in a circle and chat.

"What should we do?" Gura asked, even more worried than before.

"We need to save her and Ina too." Ame replied.

"I agree!" Kiara nodded.

"I have a better idea!" Kronii interjected.

"What is it?" Asked Gura.

"It's me they want, so I'll turn myself in and let you guys go free, it's my fault you ended up in this mess." Kronii replied.

"No Kronii we can't let you do that, besides you don't want to go back to that hell hole do you?" Kiara said.

"Not really, no!" Kronii sighed.

"And besides.. even if you go back they won't be satisfied until we're dead." Ame answered sounding as smart as ever.

"Times up!... you're too late." said Fauna.

Gura: WHAT!!

Ame: YOU'RE KIDDING ME!!

Kiara: NO WAY!!!

Kronii: THATS NOT FAIR!!

"Life isn't fair Kronii, besides we're missing you. But I'm sure you'll be in our clutches again soon enough." Fauna responds.

Mumei then interrupts Fauna.

"Her transition is complete, she is no longer hope, she is now despair, not just that but she's thirsty for it too." Mumei said.

On the screen, they saw that Irys face was more twisted and sinister.

"Oh and to prove she's no longer on your side, we're going to give her a test that you can watch." Fauna said.

It changed to a screen of Ina back on the metal table, and Irys raising a knife to her. With a quick sudden movement, Irys has landed the knife into Inas ankle, as the girls watching covered there eyes or looked away from the screen, they heard wails of pain coming from Ina, Ina is usually a quiet person but it made them even more disturbed and uncomfortable hearing her loud screams of agony, after a few minutes of pure torture, Inas foot was now severed off her ankle and all that was left was the red human flesh and blood seeping from it. Bae leaned over and sprinkled a little bit of salt, which made Ina scream even more. Once she had calmed down Ina started practically gasping for air and choking on her tears.

"Aww you have such a beautiful screaming voice Ina senpai." Bae teased, whilst licking away Ina's tears.

As Irys raised the knife again with a sudden swoosh, the knife embedded itself straight into Ina's heart and as blood seeped out from it and not another peep came out of Ina's mouth, the screen blacked out and the little cube exploded, leaving the girls silent from pure disbelief.

Irys was now the number one weapon that council (excluding Kronii) was going to use.