Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: Tʜᴇ Mᴇᴇᴛᴜᴘ

Chapter 5: The Meetup

You took one last look at your bedroom and noticed your childhood plushie sitting in the corner of your bed. You stood for a straight minute tapping your foot in thought.
To bring, or not to bring the stuffed toy?

And suddenly, just as Pauling said, she was there at exactly 7 AM knocking on the door. She is a very punctual and busy person after all.

Panicked, you quickly made the decision to stuff it in your duffel bag at the last minute.
"Door's open!" You shouted before Pauling entered the dorm.

"Are you ready to say goodbye to this place?" She asked as you picked up your things; which only happened to be the two bags.

"Absolutely, bon voyage cramped overly priced college room." You chuckled as you tried to pick up Big Bertha, but failed.

Wordlessly, Pauling went and grabbed your duffel bag from you to let you grab your precious long board.

"Thanks" You beamed at her as she got the door for you as well.

"Not a problem."

And with that, you both went down the stairs and towards a blank, unmarked white van. Well, that's not suspicious at all.

About an hour later of a comfortable ride in the vehicle, you two arrived at an airport.

'Aw crap, I don't have my passport. I left all that stuff at home home..'

As if the woman sensed your thoughts, there was suddenly something being shoved in your face, oh hey, a passport.

"How did you get this?" You sat there confused as you took the small booklet from her.

"I have my ways." She winked before leaving the vehicle.

Despite being somewhat of a genius, you decided not to question it, even though that would have been the smart thing to do.

Now you both were in a plane. It wasn't until the captain spoke about where the plane was headed that you found out your destination is New Mexico.
You should really start asking more questions, it's only now sinking in you practically know nothing about nothing for any of this.
So you asked questions about why exactly there's a war.

And you two had a somewhat long discussion of a rivalry between brothers dumb enough to fight over gravel. Shortly after, it turned into a discussion about you.
Miss Pauling asked all sorts of things like what are your favorite hobbies, animals, shows. Just to pass the time faster.
It wasn't until the flight ended you realized she's told you practically nothing about herself.

You two got into another unidentifiable van, except this time, it had no doors. Thankfully it wasn't summer in New Mexico right now, or else you'd be dying. It was just spring currently so it was that perfectly nice temperature. Partially cloudy with blue sky still poking through.
As you looked at the scenery go from town to becoming grasslands, to a rocky sandy desert in the middle of nowhere, you decided to ask Pauling questions about herself.
Despite your best efforts, her lips were sealed. She'd answer things like her favorite animals and colors, but when it came to family or her full name, there was no budging.
She didn't share much about your employer either, just that she's some lady who goes by, 'The Administrator' what a peculiar thing.