Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: Tʜᴇ Mᴇᴇᴛᴜᴘ .3

Chapter 7: The Meetup .3

That ruckus being a crash and the sound of someone freaking out shouting, "Fire! Fire! Fire!"
It was Soldier screeching about his helmet being on fire. How does a helmet even burst into flames in the first place?
Well the answer to that question is revealed after these messages.

The small group you were with all went rushing over to look at the commotion. However you immediately went in search of water. You grabbed an empty punch cup and located a sink in what looked like a kitchen, to be honest everything was looking like a blur since you were frantically rushing about. Running on that sweet, sweet, adrenaline. Once the cup had a reasonable amount of water you rushed back to the crowd of alarmed party goers. Overall the trip to get the water was speedy.
Could you have used the punch? Maybe, but who knows if it was spiked or not. Best be safe than sorry.

"Make way, pardon me!" You shouted as you dumped the water onto Soldiers still flaming helmet. He could have just taken it off but then again, no one thinks rationally when they're on fire, to be fair.

With a hiss the fire went out and everyone seemed to calm down a bit.
Man was that adrenaline coursing through you right now.

Suddenly Engineer spoke up, "Soldier! How did this happen?" He sounded like a stern parent more than anything.

Said person promptly pointed at a fully masked figure wearing a purple fire-resistant rubber suit. How had you not noticed them before was beyond your reasoning. If anything they should have stuck out like a sore thumb.

The person just stood there as if they did nothing wrong.
To which Engineer replied, "Darn gummit Py, what have I told you about setting people on fire during a truce like this?" The Texan had his hands on his hips like a disappointed lecturing father.

The stranger known as 'Py' looked like they were in thought before simply shrugging in response.
Engineer sighed, "The answer is, don't. No more settin' fires for now. Y'hear?" He asked with a small wag of his finger.

Py hummed before nodding enthusiastically, as if soaking in the information.
What an interesting fellow. Ableit a bit unnerving seeming at the same time.

"Uhhh... What just happened?"  You couldn't help but ask dumbfounded as it seemed everyone had become calm and unsurprised.

"That is what you call a common occurrence." Spy spoke up this time.
Whether you believed him, you weren't sure. But with everyone's reaction you feel it just might be the truth.

And then it seemed everyone had just gone back to what they were previously doing after disbanding from the circle around Soldier and Py. It surprised you how sudden everyone just moved on. Even Soldier, the victim of this story, didn't hold any too hard of feelings except for grumbling and mumbling about how the other team needs to get their 'pyromaniac commie' under control. He didn't specify what team but it was clear that Soldier and this Py person were on opposite sides.

You then found yourself gravitating towards the fire starter. Perhaps you should be wary or fearful around them — especially after they literally put someone on fire — but curiosity got the better of you this time.

"Erm, hello. I'm the-" But before you could finish that sentence the masked person made a muffled gasp sound before suddenly pulling you into a hug. One that smelled of gasoline and ash, although despite the smell, it was a surprisingly comfortable yet unexpected hug. Although you were too surprised to remember to hug back, so it was like they were hugging a stiff plank.
Then they let go of you as they tried speaking. But it came out muffled.
"Hudda hudda hm!" Whatever they said, they sounded very enthusiastic and clasped both their hands around your hand and shook in a very energetic manner, much like how a cartoon character would.