Love bug

"Come on Kaya! You can do it!" Yumiko exclaimed, crouching at the bottom of the slide as her 2 year old niece stood nervously at the top, shaking her head.

"Kaya, can you show aunt Yu how fun the slide is?" Yukako asked, taking Kaya's hand.

"No," she pouted.

"Kaya, if you go down the slide we can get ice cream after," Yumiko said, which piqued Kaya's interest, making her sit down on the slide while holding her mother's hand.

"Go!" Kaya exclaimed, using her feet to pull herself down the slide where Yumiko caught her at the bottom and tossed her up in the air, catching her again as she squealed with delight.

"Good job Kaya! What kind of ice cream do you want?" Yumiko asked as she balanced the two year old on her hip.

"Cherry!" Kaya exclaimed.

"I've taught you well," Yumiko giggled as Yukako sighed.

Once Kaya was buckled into her stroller, the three left the park to Tonio's to get gelato on a hot summer day.

"You're even better at this mom thing than I am, and I've been doing this for two years," Yukako jokes.

"I'm not good at parenting, I'm good at bribing small children. Specifically your daughter," Yumiko replied.

"Well I mean, how long have you and Josuke been together?" Yukako asked.

"Coming up on two years, and Josuke is enough, I don't need a toddler to look after as well," Yumiko replied.

"But imagine a mini you and Josuke! It'd be so cute!" Yukako whined.

"Yes, I would definitely want a pompadour with legs and a vendetta running out of my uterus and into the world," Yumiko sighed, "but it would be cute."

"See what I mean, besides you're so good with Kaya, I have no doubts you would be a great mom," Yukako added as she rolled the stroller into Tonio's restaurant where Okuyasu greeted them.

"Hey Yumiko! Yukako! And my favorite little lady Kaya!" Okuyasu exclaimed, "we have a free table right over there, I'll be over to take your orders soon!"

"Thanks Oku," Yumiko smiled as Yukako pushed Kaya over to the table and the two women sat down.

"So what can I get for you three?" Okuyasu asked, walking over to the table.

"Cherry!" Kaya exclaimed.

"One maraschino cherry for Kaya," Okuyasu wrote down.

"I think she means cherry chip gelato, and make it an order of two please," Yumiko smiled.

"I'll throw in a small bowl of the cherries anyways, I know how much you two like them," Okuyasu chuckled.

"Thanks," Yumiko smiled.

"And I'll have chocolate gelato please," Yukako added.

"Alright! I'll get this Tonio and we'll have your order ready faster than you can figure out how to say worsh...worshcheshire....worshchester... that one sauce no one can pronounce!" Okuyasu exclaimed, hurrying off to the kitchen.

"Anyways, just think about it, maybe talk to Josuke about it," Yukako said.

"Give me a chance, we're not married, we're not engaged, we just recently moved in together, so let me get that off my list before I start thinking about bringing a child into my already bizarre life," Yumiko sighed, as Okuyasu brought out the ice cream.

—--------------------------------------------

"Hey Jojo! I'm home!" Yumiko shouted, opening the door.

"Yumikoooo, don't leave me anymoreee," Josuke groaned as he rolled into the front hallway from the living room.

"Geez, sick you is clingy as all hell," Yumiko mumbled, locking the door behind her.

"Because I missed you and I was stuck in this house all day alone while you got to go play with Kaya," Josuke whined.

"Awe is officer Higashikata upset because he didn't get to play with the baby," Yumiko teased, hanging up her house keys and kicking off her shoes.

"When you say it that way it kind of hurts," Josuke grunted as he laid limp on the floor covered in a blanket.

"That's the point, anyways, what do you want for dinner?" Yumiko asked, trying to step over Josuke, but tripping instead.

"Mine," he mumbled, pulling her under his makeshift blanket fort on the ground.

"You weren't thinking like that a few years ago," Yumiko said, wiggling to get out of Josuke's grasp.

"But that's because I liked you back then, now I love you," Josuke teased, kissing Yumiko's cheek.

"Ew, get away from me! You're sick! I don't want what you have!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"Aw, you don't want the love bug?" Josuke chuckled as Yumiko eventually wiggled away from him.

"No, I'm good not having a fever and a stuffy nose," Yumiko smiled.

"I love you!" Josuke exclaimed as Yumiko got up from the ground and walked to the kitchen, "Josuke and Yumiko, sitting in a tree-"

"Shut up Josuke!"

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Josuke shouted.

"Keep going, see what happens!" Yumiko shouted, digging through the fridge.

"First comes love!"

"Josuke."

"Then comes marriage!"

"Alright," Yumiko said, walking out of the kitchen and past Josuke into the living room, grabbing a throw pillow, "want to find out why they call these throw pillows?" Yumiko hissed.

"I'd rather not," Josuke replied, putting his arms up defensively.

"Works for me," Yumiko said, putting the pillow down, going back into the kitchen, digging through the fridge once again.

"Then comes baby in a baby carriage!"

"Damnit Josuke!"

—------------------------------------

"I'm sorry I got you sick Yu," Josuke said guiltily as he stood beside their bed dressed in his uniform for work.

"You should be, this sucks!" Yumiko groaned, "how did you deal with this for three days!?"

"I don't know, but I hope you feel better," Josuke chuckled.

"Just go to work, I'll see you later," Yumiko mumbled.

"I love you."

"I love you too you big doofus, bring home some Tonio's since you don't know sh*t about cooking and it might help me," Yumiko said, scrunching up her face as Josuke kissed her cheek.

"You got it," Josuke smiled as he left the room.

Yumiko smiled to herself.

"Why am I lucky to have him?" she chuckled, rolling onto her side to try and rest.