Yori

Warning: this chapter contains childbirth and mentions of childbirth, if that makes you uncomfortable skip this chapter or skip to the last section of the chapter.

"Thank you for letting us stay with you two until Johiro arrives," Noriko said as she placed two suitcases on the bed in the guestroom while Henrique placed a third.

"What's the second suitcase for?" Josuke asked.

"My tools, there's more to delivering a baby at home than just pushing. We have to clean him, cut the cord, anesthesia, among other things," Noriko explained as she unpacked the bag, Yumiko grabbing Josuke's arm as he slightly stumbled back in shock.

"Calm down, it's not that bad," Yumiko said, trying to reassure him.

"There's giant salad tongs! How is that not bad!?" Josuke exclaimed.

"That's called the forceps," Henrique chuckled heartily, "it's just in case the baby needs help getting out, there's also a special vacuum we use sometimes, to help them get out using suction."

"He could get stuck!?"

"Josuke calm down!" Yumiko shouted.

"Sorry, are you sure you want to do this?" Josuke asked.

"I'm absolutely sure, it's a little too late to back out now anyways, I'm already at nine months, at this point we have a plan, and my parents are already here. We have no choice. You're just blowing everything a bit out of proportion," Yumiko said.

"She's right, but also not. Preparental panic is normal Josuke. But don't worry, this is our daughter. We wouldn't do anything to hurt her more than what this baby is going to do," Noriko explained.

"That's helpful..." Josuke mumbled.

—----------------------------------------------------------------

About two weeks later, Yumiko woke up suddenly in pain, realizing her water had broken.

"Josuke," Yumiko whispered, attempting to shake Josuke awake.

"Yu, what's going on?" Josuke asked, rubbing his eyes.

"My water broke, I need you to get my mom," Yumiko explained.

"sh*t! Ok, I'll get your mom and call Kakyoin," Josuke stammered, jumping out of bed.

"Ok, Josuke's calling your brother, I'll get the monitors set up and your dad will set up the anesthesia," Noriko explained, grabbing equipment from her bag.

"Kakyoin and Jotaro are on their way over," Josuke said, running back into the bedroom, "are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Josuke. Nothing too bad yet," Yumiko replied.

"That's good."

—---------------------------------------------------

"Any sign of Yori?" Josuke asked, peeking through the front door.

"No, what are you doing out here!? My sister is inside giving birth and you're out here asking me questions! Next time get my dad to ask," Kakyoin instructed.

"Right, sorry...." Josuke mumbled.

"Hey.... I know it's scary to see a loved one in that much pain. Hell, I've been there twice. But the one person Yumiko needs right now is you, she needs you to hold her hand and tell her everything will be ok, so go be with her. And trust me, you don't want to miss your son's birth," Kakyoin said, pushing Josuke back into the house.

"Ok, I'll go," Josuke stammered.

Josuke shut the door and ran upstairs past Henrique who was seated on the stairs, bursting into the bedroom once more with his eyes closed, attempting to blindly make his way to Yumiko's side.