Misogyny

"Hey asshole," Yumiko began as Kakyoin handed her a heavy wooden bat, "I may be tired and weak, according to you, but I've got a few hours worth of adrenaline in my veins at the current moment, I'm not weak, especially when it comes to my son."

"Wouldn't you rather a man do this? they're much stronger," Yori hissed.

"There's another thing I don't tolerate," Yumiko sighed, readying her bat, "misogyny."

She raised the bat over her shoulder and swung it, hitting Yori in the side of the face with a crack.

"Did you crack his skull!?" Josuke exclaimed.

"I don't know, it's a possibility but it is a large surface area, so not likely although his skull is hollow with lack of a brain," Yumiko seethed.

"It's still hard to believe you're a mom now," Jotaro chuckled, "you talk like a teenager."

"I'm like 23, I'm legally an adult but technically still a teenager," Yumiko explained, swinging the bat at Yori's arm.

"So, you just going to let your girlfriend beat the sh*t out of this guy who almost killed you or are you just gonna let her do what she wants?" Kakyoin asked, looking at Josuke, who shrugged in reply.

"She deserves to be the one to knock him out, I'll bring him to the jail after," Josuke said, calmly.

The three men watched as Yumiko continued swinging hard hits at Yori, his face becoming as bloody and bruised as Josuke's had been.

"That's for trying to kill my son!" Yumiko shouted, swinging the bat at Yori's head once more, "and that's for trying to kill the love of my life!" She screamed, swinging a final blow to Yori's face, knocking him out.

"Damn, that's a title that's never been given to anybody else," Kakyoin chuckled, "congrats Mr. Love of Yumiko's life."

"Thanks," Josuke chuckled.

"Alright, take it away Josuke," Yumiko sighed, stepping away from Yori's unconscious body and going upstairs.

—------------------------------------------------

Josuke sighed as he arrived home late that night after entering Yori into the police database and locking him in jail to be transported to prison the next day.

He kicked off his shoes, being careful not to wake anyone in the house, fully certain that Yumiko's parents were asleep along with her and Johiro, making his way up the stairs,trying to avoid every creaky step.

He eventually made it to the bedroom and quietly opened the door, surprised to see the bedside lamps still on and Yumiko still awake.

"Hey babe," Josuke yawned, "were you waiting up for me?"

"No, I was sleeping very peacefully until this guy woke up and started crying," Yumiko replied, patting Johiro's back as he lay on her chest asleep.

"Oh hey little man!" Josuke whispered, crawling into bed as he had stayed in his pajamas throughout this whole bizarre night.

"It's weird, we didn't get a very good look at him before since he was covered in blood and stuff, but now that he's clean and a few hours old, he's even sweeter than before," Yumiko yawned, leaning on Josuke's shoulder.

"Want me to take over for a bit?" Josuke asked.

"Sure, I found out a few minutes ago that he likes lullabies, so do what you wish with that information and a disturbed baby," Yumiko giggled slightly as she handed a now awake Johiro to his father.

"Thanks," Josuke chuckled, kissing Yumiko's forehead before she laid down to sleep.

"So you like lullabies huh?" Josuke asked, smiling at the blank reply, "alright, ahem! Nenneko, nenneko, Nenneko yo! Oraga akabo no, Neta rusu ni, Azuki wo yonagete, Kome toide, Aka no mamma e Toto soete, Aka no ii-ko ni Kureru-zo! (Sleep, sleep, sleep, Little one! While my baby sleeps I will wash some red beans And clean some rice; Then adding some Fish to the red rice, I will serve it up To this best of little babies.)" Josuke sang softly, rocking his son in his arms, "Nenneko! nenneko! Nenneko yo! Oraga akabo wa Itsu dekita? San-gwatsu, sakura no Saku toki ni: Dori de o-kao ga Sakura-iro. (Sleep, sleep, Sleep, my child! When was my Baby made? In the third month, In the time of the blooming Of cherry-flowers. Therefore the color of the honorable Face of my child is the color of the cherry-blossom.) Nenneko, nenneko, nenneko ya! Netara o-kaka e tsurete ina! Okitara gagama ga totte kama ! (Sleep, sleep, sleep, my child ! If you sleep I will go home to fetch your mother! If you stay awake the Gagama will catch and bite you!)"

Josuke looked down at his son who was falling asleep.

"Ok buddy, bed time," Josuke whispered, brushing his son's dark red hair with his fingers, "I love you."

Once he set Johiro in his bassinet, Josuke grabbed something from his dresser and crawled into bed, shaking Yumiko awake.

"Hey Yu," Josuke said.

"Yeah?" Yumiko asked.

"Will you marry me?"

"

.....f*ck no," Yumiko chuckled.

"What?"

"You do realize how many meds I'm currently on, right? I can't give you a good answer right now," Yumiko said.

"Oh...." Josuke mumbled.

"Hey, ask me again when my medication wears off," Yumiko said, resting a hand on Josuke's cheek, "let's go to sleep."

Josuke nodded, laying on his back with his thoughts racing through his mind.

She didn't say yes he thought, his mind muffling the sounds of his girlfriend's snoring as she quickly fell back asleep.

He felt hurt.

But he turned towards Yumiko, looking over her sleeping face.

Red curls cascaded over her face, her shoulders rising and falling with every breath she took.

Josuke looked at the woman beside him, feeling nothing but love in his heart for her and their child that she brought into the world.

"Shut up feelings," Josuke mumbled, chuckling softly to himself, "I love you both so much," Josuke said, pulling Yumiko close to him, his fingers caught in her hair.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh he's gorgeous Yu!" Yukako exclaimed, cooing over the tiny infant, "I love the little mitten sleeves on his onesie."

Yumiko chuckled, "yeah, I like them too, he's a sweetheart."

"How's Josuke adapting to being a dad?" Yukako asked, softly brushing Johiro's hair to the side of his face.

"He's a great dad, he's obsessed with Johiro and spoils him," Yumiko giggled.

"I remember Koichi struggled with getting used to fatherhood, Kaya was a very active baby," Yukako chuckled.

"Johiro's a very quiet baby, but he's high maintenance."

As the two talked, Johiro began to fuss, catching the attention of his mother.

"I need to feed him," Yumiko explained, picking Johiro up from the bassinet.

"I'll let you do your thing, I'm going to check on the guys," Yukako said, waving goodbye to Yumiko and Johiro and leaving the bedroom, walking downstairs where Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, and Kaya were sitting on the carpet, playing with a collection of toys that Kaya brought.

"I would like some more tea princess Kaya," Okuyasu asked, holding a teacup with his pinky extended.

"Oh yes, I have more tea!" Kaya said, pouring water from a fake teapot into the teacup.

"Thank you!"