Jo

Yumiko and Josuke we're currently waiting in their doctor's office after a blood test to find out what sex the baby was.

"We have results!" the nurse said in a sing-song voice entering the room with her clipboard, "now are we wanting to know now or plan a reveal?"

"Uh, what do you think JoJo?" Yumiko asked.

"I think a reveal would be kind of fun!" Josuke replied.

"Alright, let's do a reveal!"

So there they were, standing in front of their friends and family with confetti poppers in hand ready to find out.

"Ready?" Josuke asked.

"Let's do this Higashikata!" Yumiko exclaimed as the two twisted the poppers in their hands, making it explode into a cloud of blue smoke and confetti.

"Boy!!!" Sakura squealed, hopping around the yard.

Yumiko smiled at Josuke, who seemed the same amount of starstruck he was at their first sonogram appointment.

The only movements he was able to make were pulling Yumiko into his arms and kissing the top of her head, trying not to cry.

"Hey, you alright?" Yumiko asked, looking up at Josuke's tear stained face.

"Yeah, just so damn happy," Josuke choked, "I have a son."

"I also have a son but you do you," Yumiko chuckled.

"I'll let the teasing slide for now," Josuke mumbled, squeezing Yumiko tightly in his arms.

"J-Josuke.....you're hugging a little too much," Yumiko wheezed.

"Oh sh*t, sorry!" Josuke chuckled, letting Yumiko go.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you up to JoJo?" Yumiko asked, leaning over Josuke's shoulder.

"Figuring out name stuff," Josuke replied, his voice laced with focus.

"It has to start with Jo," Yumiko said, walking into the kitchen.

"Why?" Josuke whined.

"Because, family tradition," Yumiko said, "I promise if we ever have another, their name will start with Yu to make it even."

"I guess that's fair, so we'll have the Jo kanji, but then what else...."

"Me and Rohan talked about this beforehand because I knew we'd run into a problem like this..." Yumiko sighed, "Johiro. That's the name we wanted to suggest to you."

"Height and abundance....." Josuke mumbled, thinking to himself.

"He said that if our son got the Joestar height genes, which he most likely will, that the kanji for height and abundance would make a good name, hence; Johiro," Yumiko explained.

"Damn it that's actually a good idea what the hell...." Josuke grumbled, "alright, I like it too."

"Awesome, what do you think Johiro? Do you like your name?" Yumiko asked jokingly before nearly choking on the glass of water she had gotten.

"What's wrong?" Josuke asked.

"The little b*stard kicked me!" Yumiko exclaimed jokingly.

"Good job Johiro," Josuke chuckled, placing a gentle hand on Yumiko's bump, his eyes widening, "I felt him! I can feel him! Did you feel him!?"

"No Josuke, I didn't, it's not like he's inside my uterus and sleeping on my bladder," Yumiko replied, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not an idiot Yu!" Josuke exclaimed.

"You're not just any idiot, you're my idiot Jojo. anyways, I'm going to go take a nap," Yumiko yawned, "I love you Josuke."

"I love you too miss 'Pain in the ass'," Josuke chuckled, yelping in pain as Yumiko punched him in the arm.

"Am not," she grunted, leaving the room.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is so cute Yu!" Yukako exclaimed, holding up a small baby onesie.

"It is," Yumiko giggled.

"God, I miss when Kaya was this small," Yukako said, hanging the onesie back up.
"Mommy! I'm cute still!" Kaya exclaimed grumpily, crossing her arms from inside the shopping cart.

"Oh yes, very cute," Yukako said, pinching the two year old's cheeks.

"Don't worry Kaya, you're still our favorite girl," Yumiko said, giggling as a proud and smug smile crossed Kaya's face.

"My smug little bug," Yukako sighed, rolling her eyes slightly.

"Anyways, if you miss when she was that small maybe you and Koichi should think about having another?" Yumiko suggested, grabbing a package of swaddles off of a shelf.

"I would love to but we're just so busy already with Kaya," Yukako sighed, "I don't think we'd be able to balance two kids."

"Eh, it wouldn't hurt to talk about it," Yumiko shrugged, grabbing a few bottles and placing them in the cart.

"I guess you're right, I'll bring it up sometime to him," Yukako replied, "did you find any good clothes?"

"Just some of those old 70s baby overalls and a few onesies," Yumiko said, "the rest are just necessities like socks, shoes, mittens, a snowsuit since he's coming in February, scarves, hats, and other stuff."

"If I didn't know how you work, I'd say you weren't excited about this," Yukako chuckled, "but I know you're just tired."

"Yeah, I'm so tired all the time now," Yumiko sighed.

"Welcome to motherhood Yu," Yukako giggled as Yumiko softly punched her in the arm with a smile.

"I know..."

—------------------------------------------------------

"Hey buddy," Yumiko smiled, examining her baby bump in the mirror.

Johiro kicked in reply, Yumiko smiling softly and rubbing her stomach.

"3 more months, then we can meet you," Yumiko whispered.

Yumiko opened the bedroom door into the hallway, the warm light flooding the dim room.

"When's Josuke coming home?" Yumiko mumbled to herself, descending the stairs, her phone beginning to buzz wildly in her hand.

"Hello?" she asked, answering the phone.

"Hi Yumiko," Tomoko replied, "have you heard from Josuke by any chance?"

"No, he went to work this morning and called me in the afternoon to check in on me and Johiro and that was about it. Is something wrong?"

"No, it's just that I haven't heard from him at all today and he usually calls around this time to talk," Tomoko explained.

"Well, I doubt he's in danger, he can hold his own. He's a Higashikata, he's safe. He's probably just busy. He told me he'd be a little late home tonight," Yumiko replied.

"Alright, let me know when he gets home."

"I will Tomoko, I will."

—------------------------------------------------------------------

Yumiko lay asleep on the couch, awaiting Josuke's return.

The front door slammed open, startling Yumiko from her sleep, her hazy vision beginning to clear as she made out the shape of two tall men, one slightly shorter than the other, though it looked like one had no head.

But soon she could see them clearly.

Okuyasu standing tall in the doorway, Josuke hunched over and leaning on him for support.

Bloody and beaten.