Yen

"Alright guys, before you head out for the day, I have a bit of an announcement to make," Yumiko said to her students as they began to pack up.

"What's up Kakyoin Sensei?" one student asked.

"Well, I'll be teaching you all for the next 4 months and then I'll be absent for about a year afterwards," Yumiko explained, "does anyone know why?"

"No! Why are you leaving us!? We don't want a sub!" another student exclaimed.

"Ok, not the reaction I was looking for but I'm pregnant," Yumiko said.

"Oh! Congratulations sensei!" one student said.

"Thank you, I just wanted to get that out of the way since I've been struggling with morning sickness a lot recently, so if I'm absent it's for either an appointment or I'm sick," Yumiko explained.

"Got it!"

"Alright, see you guys on Monday!" Yumiko exclaimed, letting her class go, leaving her to sit in the empty classroom alone.

"Alright, let's go kid," Yumiko said to herself, getting her bag and locking up the classroom as she left.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! You're home!" Josuke exclaimed.

"Yup, how was your day?" Yumiko asked, setting down her bag and taking off her shoes.

"It was good, no cases today so it was pretty slow at the station," Josuke explained.

"That's nice, I told my students today. They were happy but not looking forward to me leaving. So that debunks your idea that nobody would like me as a teacher," Yumiko chuckled.

"Yeah yeah, anyway I was thinking this weekend we could go shopping for baby stuff. We aren't exactly on schedule considering you're three months in and we have nothing, not even an idea for a name," Josuke replied.

"You have a point, let's go tomorrow and get some stuff for the nursery, we'll leave most of the clothing until after we find out the gender," Yumiko said, settling on the couch with a relieved sigh.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just been on my feet all day so it's nice to sit down," Yumiko said, "I feel bad about it but I can't wait to take my leave."

"You don't have to feel bad about that, you kind of deserve it. I mean when we were teenagers, our teachers were probably pissed at us all the time," Josuke chuckled.

"Mostly at you. Then I was stuck having to get you to study."

"And I turned out fine, so did you," Josuke replied.

"Sure you did," Yumiko said, rolling her eyes.

—-------------------------------------------------------------

"I feel like every step I take in this place I'm getting scammed," Yumiko whispered to Josuke as they walked through aisles of furniture.

"I know what you mean," Josuke whispered back, "we literally have a crib and a changetable in our cart and that's already pretty much 60000 yen!"

"We'll make it work, your mom could have some of your old stuff from when you were a baby," Yumiko replied.

"I'll ask her, just wait a second," Josuke said, tapping the screen on his phone a few times before it buzzed in his hand, "she said she has a rocking chair and a dresser but that's it."

"Geez, ok well that's two things we don't have to buy. Now we just need a stroller, a carseat, mattress, and a few more necessities," Yumiko sighed, "this is going to take forever!"

"Well, there's a mattress, sheets, a mobile, and strollers are over there!" Josuke exclaimed, grabbing one of each thing he saw and putting it in the cart.

"That's helpful, alright, let's go see the strollers," Yumiko sighed.

"Let's go!"

Josuke happily led Yumiko to the strollers.

"I like this one!" Josuke exclaimed, taking one of the strollers and rocking it back and forth.

"It seems like it's the right size for you, but what about me, we have a couple inches in height difference between us, so it needs to work for me too," Yumiko explained, Josuke moving out of the way for her to try pushing the stroller.

"You picked out a decent stroller Higashikata."

"Thank you Kakyoin," Josuke chuckled, grabbing one of the boxes off the shelf and putting it in the cart, "Yumiko! Look!"

Josuke pointed over to racks of clothes in a different aisle, making Yumiko chuckle at his enthusiasm for shopping.

"Alright, let's go," she sighed, pushing the cart behind Josuke who nearly ran to the racks.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, I'm going to sleep," Yumiko grumbled as she carried two shopping bags filled with crib bedding, toys, and some clothes into the house.

"Ok! I'll bring these to the room!" Josuke said, happily carrying box after box into the small house.

"Got it, see you in a bit," Yumiko yawned, going upstairs to her and Josuke's bedroom.

She changed into pajama shorts and one of Josuke's Prince T-shirts before crawling into bed.

Half an hour later, Josuke checked the doors and went to bed, changing into his pajamas and laying beside Yumiko, face to face with her stomach.

"Goodnight kid," Josuke said, gently kissing her stomach before resting his head on his pillow and falling into a deep sleep, his hand lazily playing with Yumiko's hair