Finale

"Hey Jo," Yumiko said, greeting her son as he hopped into the passenger seat of the car.

"Hey mom," Johiro replied unenthusiastically.

"Oh no, wanna talk about it?" Yumiko asked, taking her son's hand.

"Not really..."

"Well, how about some of Tonio's gelato?" Yumiko suggested with a small smile on her face.

"Really?" Johiro asked excitedly.

"Yeah, but you can't tell your brothers or your sister," Yumiko chuckled, "or your dad either, he'll be pissed that we got ice cream without them."

Yumiko pulled out of the school parking lot, driving her and her son to Tonio's where they each got Cherry chip gelato, enjoying the treat in the car before making their way home.

"We're back!" Yumiko shouted, taking off her heels as Johiro put away his backpack and kicked off his sneakers.

"Mommy!" a young boy with wavy maroon hair squealed, running to Yumiko.

"Hey Hisaki!" Yumiko exclaimed, lifting the boy into her arms, "how was your day off?"

"It was good! Me and daddy played cops and robbers!" Hisaki replied, burying his face in his mother's neck.

"Sounds like fun," Yumiko giggled, "let me guess, daddy was the cop?"

"Yeah! How did you know?" Hisaki exclaimed.

"Just a hunch," Yumiko replied, setting Hisaki back on the ground, allowing him to run to Johiro.

"Mom!" another boy exclaimed, running into the hallway.

"Hi Yuhi, how was your day?" Yumiko asked, hugging her second son.

"It was good, I got homework!" Yuhi smiled.

"Homework!? They give you homework!?" Yumiko exclaimed jokingly, "we'll have to take you out of school immediately!"

"No! I like school! The homework is fun!" Yuhi protested.

"What? How's homework fun? You're in a high level school Yuhi," Yumiko questioned.

"It isn't boring like before!" Yuhi smiled happily.

"Well that's good, hey!" Yumiko said, looking back at her other two sons, "you two get over here, I missed my boys!"

Johiro and Hisaki ran over to their mother who was only a few inches away, joining the hug.

"Look at us, making your dad jealous with our hair," Yumiko chuckled, examining each boy's hair.

Johiro's hair was a deep red, taking more of Yumiko's color. In fact, he looked more like her than Josuke, but with a lighter complexion.

Hisaki had maroon hair, a mix of Yumiko's red and Josuke's bluish black.

Yuhi had Yumiko's exact red, but took after Josuke more.

"Hey! They have my eyes!" Josuke chuckled, walking into the front hall with their daughter Ayaka holding his hand tightly, "and my birthmark."

It was true, each boy had a star birthmark on their back near their shoulder and the base of their neck, but each varied in color. Johiro's was darker in color, Hisaki's looked more like a fresh scar, and Yuhi's was pale and pinkish. But Ayaka was closest in appearance to Josuke, with thick black hair, blue eyes, and her star birthmark was reddish in colour.

"Yuhi looks like you too," Yumiko smiled.

"Yes, I know. He's very handsome."

"Hey! I'm handsome!" Johiro exclaimed.

"You too Jojo," Josuke chuckled, ruffling his oldest son's hair.

"Alright you three, Johiro you have homework to do, Yuhi..... Go find something to do," Yumiko said, kissing each boy on the forehead as they left, looking down as she felt arms wrap around her legs, seeing her 6 year old son's face looking up at her with a big smile.

"What should I do mommy?" Hisaki asked, his smile still beaming and his eyes sparkling.

"How about you go pick up your toys in your room?" Yumiko suggested.

"Oh right! I need to do that!" Hisaki exclaimed, running up the stairs.

"Tell me when you're done!" Yumiko shouted, once every boy had gone she turned to her husband, smiling.

"Well? How was your day?" Josuke asked eagerly, letting Ayaka run off with Hisaki.

"Just give me a second," Yumiko said giggling, "I just got back and haven't had two seconds to just relax!"

"Wanna lean on me?" Josuke chuckled.

"Of course I do!" Yumiko scoffed jokingly, "you know, we did pretty good for a bunch of old farts."

"We're 35, stop saying we're old," Josuke sighed.

"We're pretty old."

"You can be old, I'm just getting started."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Goodnight Johiro," Yumiko whispered, kissing her son's cheek as he slept soundly in his bed.

Yumiko walked back to her and Josuke's bedroom.

"I'm glad I decided to marry you," Yumiko whispered, crawling into bed beside Josuke who she assumed was asleep.

"Me too," he mumbled with a smile, his eyes rested closed.

"You almost made me think you were asleep," Yumiko chuckled, "but anyways, those four out there are the best thing that ever happened to me."

"Aw, and not me?" Josuke teased.

"You're a close second," Yumiko replied, "if it was between you and the kids, I'd pick them."

"I would too," Josuke said, "alright Yumiko, we need to sleep."

"Alright, I love you JoJo," Yumiko said, snuggling into her pillow.

"I love you too Yu."