♛ 𝟎𝟐. 𝐍𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐬

"You seem

"You seem... Very nervous, love," she called out as she looked at him, watching as he was checking everything in the car's boot to ensure the things were secured. He flinched when he heard her voice, the panic look on his face disappeared within a second.

"What? No. I'm not nervous," he managed to get out past his lips but it was in a rushed manner that caused her to have a confused look on her face for a moment before it clicked into her mind about what he had said.

"You are nervous... I thought you were fairly confident earlier on that my grandmother will like you?" she taunted, finding joy in it as she watched him getting all flustered once again at the fact that he may or may not have overestimated himself in the morning.

"Just get in the car..." he mumbled out and she hummed in satisfactory that he had the lack of words to retaliate. Hopping into the passenger seat with ease, he easily got into the driver seat and reached over, pulling the seatbelt from her side and securing her safely.

Kissing her on the lips in the meantime.

"Should we get something to drink? I was thinking a be-,"

"You are driving. Don't drive and drive. Gosh, you are so nervous!"

"I am not nervous!" he quickly shot out before she could add on to whatever she had said. Hands gripping the steering wheel tightly as he tried to calm himself down. There were times he would mumble under his breath about how this situation doesn't exactly benefit him.

But he needed to visit the grandmother, that's one of the supposedly major hurdles in his life. Especially since he intends to have [name]'s hand in marriage, all the more he had to ask for the blessings of her grandmother.

He was worried, what if he ends up dead by the end of the trip?

"It's green! Drive! Drive! The car behind us is honking!" and he snapped out of his thoughts when he realized he was hoarding the lane, quickly accelerating as she lets out a sigh, shaking her head at the nervous state he was in.

"No, I'm not nervous," she mocks as she held her hand out to him, where he removed a hand from the steering wheel and held onto her tightly. Interlocking their fingers together, she could feel how clammy his hand were.

Either from gripping the steering wheel tightly or due to how nervous he was, she would take a bet on the second but would speak that the reason is the first just to save him some of his pride.

"I think we should stop by to get some fo-,"

"I want to eat grandma's cooking," she was torturing him, he knew. Her love for her grandmother is immaculate that no matter how he tried to persuade her when it comes to her grandmother, she always has the upper hand.

"You are out to see me get killed," he whispered out, bringing her hand up and planting a kiss on the back of it while his eyes remained on the road.

"I have seen it before, it didn't end well," and she giggled just a tad bit when he turned to shoot her a look since she was enjoying her 'freedom' with having the upper hand for the ride since he was all nervous.