✾ 06. ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜꜱʏ

"How are you doing? You seem to have eaten quite a lot of humans. You have gotten a lot stronger compared to before. That's good," Muzan spoke out as he sat on the chest in the room where Daki resides in the brothel.

"Yes!" and [name] watched from the side as Daki quickly got onto her knees with her head down.

"But don't let your guard down. If things are going too well, you can get easily tripped up," he spoke out and noticed how [name] was fidgeting a little at the side.

"I will keep that in mind,"

"There are some skilled people among the Demon Slayers. Like the Hashiras, who will sense that there's a demon here right away. But over here, anyone who lacks the power of a Hashira pretty much can't tell the difference, because we look like humans. They can, however, discern that there are things they don't understand, like blood types and disease strains," Muzan added on as Daki raised her head up to look at him.

"Daki," he called out as he stood up.

"Yes! Yes, Muzan-sama!"

"I have high hopes for you," he spoke out as he soon reached out and cupped Daki's face in his hands, gently holding it.

"You're more beautiful than anyone else. Strong enough to have buried seven Hashiras. You will become much, much stronger. Much, much crueler. You're a special demon," he spoke out, and [name]'s eyes widened at what he had just said. Pressing her lips into a fine thin line then, she turned to look at the other side.

A burning sensation within her cold heart was felt.

"[name], let's go," Muzan spoke out and was baffled at the way [name] had acted. He noticed she didn't wrap her arms around his arm like how she used to, and he could only frown slightly at her behavior.

"Is something the matter? Are you displeased with something?" he asked the moment they were transported back to his room in the Infinity Fortress. He watched as [name] shook her head in response, and watched as she plopped herself onto the bed instead, ignoring him.

"Was it something I said to Daki that made you upset?" he asked once more as he sat on the bed after removing his hat and tie, unbuttoning his shirt in the process. He noticed [name]'s back was facing him instead, and he somehow, could feel the slight ache in his heart.

"Nothing is wrong, Muzan-sama," she mumbled out, in a tone that Muzan had never heard from her before. He then hummed in response, pressing his lips into a fine thin line instead, as he continued to unbutton his shirt to change out of it.

He then watched as [name] soon got out of bed instead and walked over to the exit of the room. He noticed how she was acting and was about to reach out to her, only to have her turning to look at him, with a smile on her face.

He was taken aback.

Her smile, he knew that emotion that she was hiding behind that smile.

Hurt. Upset.

"Muzan-sama, I'll be going out on a night patrol at the Red Light District. I've been too stagnant here, I might end up losing my position as Upper Moon Zero," she spoke out and soon she left the room, causing Muzan's red plump eyes to widen.

"Why would you lose your position?" he wondered to himself and noticed how the scent of floral that was left in the room, lingered. He could feel his heart racing then as [name]'s scent invaded his senses. He could feel it aching as well as he looked around.

Realizing he was alone in the room.

"I can't believe I'm going to do this," he muttered to himself as he soon changed his outfit.