001 - (Y/N's Story)

Honestly, I don't even understand why I try. Every day is a painful heartache. I'm in my English class. 8th period. 3:16 pm. The obnoxious sound of the clock ticking back and forth in my ears is irritating the hell out of me. The only thing keeping me alive is the fact that the day is almost over. 30 more minutes and I'm out of this hellhole. "Y/L/N! Pay attention," my teacher scolded me. I swear, Mrs. Jones pays such attention to me at such inconvenient times. I feel bad for her husband.

          We were to write poems, which I don't mind, but I don't feel like doing it. It's the last day of school and I'm supposed to write a poem to my most favorite person in the world and give it to them. Hell, do they know how awkward it is? If only they did. All the teachers expect us to give it to them. I wrote one to my non-existent significant other who will not be receiving the poem anytime soon.

          I close my eyes shut and press hard, hoping that applying pressure would keep me awake. A boy named Shawn who sat next to me poked me and asked, "Hey, can you help me? You're kind of like the smartest in this class." Yeah. The entire class had labeled me as "The Smart Girl" in this class. They all might as well put a copyright on it.

          I reached over and looked at him, trying to explain the difference between a simile and a metaphor. "Bro, you're a 9th grader who doesn't know the difference between- I'm done. It's the end of the year! I'll just leave you be." The sound that I just recently deemed glorious rang through my ears, shutting out the sound of the clock. The bell! I can go home finally!

          I walked out of the building as Mrs. Jones followed closely behind me. She cleared her throat as she approached me in order not to startle me. She asked, "My class troublemaker... I guess I won't be having you next year. How're you getting home? If your mom is picking you up, can I talk to her?" Apparently I was a troublemaker. I was the one who actually worked in class, but bias, y'know.

          "No, Mrs. Jones. I'm biking home. It was great being your student this year," I said with a sigh and an exasperated expression. "I really should get home... my best friend is waiting for a poem, amirite?" I really wanted to stop talking to my teacher because the school year is officially over and I won't be having her anytime soon.

         So it was at that moment Mrs. Jones decided to drop the news. "You have a load of assignments unfinished and not turned in. You're going to have to finish them over summer break. Just wanted to let you know." My jaw dropped as I nodded and drove home, ready to tell my mom.

          See, the problem though was that half my assignments were lost. Thrown away. Plus, my parents are the type to email my teachers after they hear I've got missing assignments. I arrived home and unlocked the door before stepping in. Both my parents had gone to work and my sister was at daycare. I made a PB&J, cut it into two triangles and grabbed a bag of gummy bears.

          After roughly an hour, my mom arrived home. As I thought about it, I realized it was better if my mom knew. I proceeded to explain to my mom what my teacher said. The more I said, the more my mom's eyebrows furrowed. I didn't know what the consequences would be so I kept telling her the whole story, even though I thought it wasn't fair.

          My mom waited until my dad got home with my sister. They both made me go to my room while they discussed what to do. Knowing my mom, she probably over exaggerated the situation. Mom called me back to the Living Room and said, "We figured that the best solution to your problem is negotiation with Mrs. Jones and sending you to camp in Maine. It'll fix your attitude."

          My jaw literally dropped as I shrugged it off. "Yeah, whatever. Okay." I went to my room before screaming in my pillow. "What the hell?!" I really don't have enough energy to deal with this so I'm going to sleep early.

A/N: tried to wrap up the chapter before my computer died (3% left). Idc if you wanted this story. You got it either way. My writing improved because I joined a team at school. (i didn't get a prize but it was my 1st year)