002 - (Y/N's Story)

So, I'm technically going to summer boarding school. That- that's great! Right now, it's three in the morning. I was frustrated so I'm packing stuff up. I have a bunch of normal clothes, two of my favorite books, a couple of sweatshirts, money, feminine products, my toothbrush, my blanket and my tons of rings. Obviously, they're necessary. People need to know I'm gay.

          Since I don't know what this camp's like, and my sister's friends go to Camp Maine or whatever it's called, I'm going to ask her. Yes, I, a 14 year old, am about to go ask an 8 year old for advice. You see what life has become now? I think I'm about to dread all my life decisions within the next couple of hours.

Timeskip: 5 hours later: 8 A.M.

          Update: I'm dreading my life decisions. My sister faced me smirking, saying, "What's in it for me?" I really hope I don't agree to some life threatening deal with the devil. "You've gotta give me something good. Maybe money? 80 bucks oughta do it. Or maybe a month's supply of McDonald's! Better yet, you can do my chores for a month once you get home!"

          I swear. "You basic- y'know what? I'm in enough trouble so I won't curse. You though... I need to deal with you. I'll give ya 30 bucks, take it or leave it." I hoped I scored a deal, because I need to know about this place. If not, I'll find some other way.

          "Fine, $30 is enough. See, this place is just like a normal summer camp, but you stay there over the entire course of summer break. You make friends, you eat food that's terrible, you can only use your phones on Sundays, and you may have to pay for your laundry. You'll survive... hopefully," said my sister mysteriously.

          I don't think I'll survive, but maybe it'll turn out well...? "So what you're saying is that I can't listen to my music, I can't talk to my friends, I have to socialize, I've gotta eat terrible food and pay for something I don't even want?! Wow. Mom and Dad are so sweet," I said, emphasizing the 'so'.

          "Hey, at least there's a guitar, so you'll be able to practice music." My sister continues but this time, she whispers. "There's also a ghost. Or so I've heard. If you see her, take a picture to show me." Ah, 8 year olds. So young, so naive, so dumb.

          "Yeah, whatever. But you know I prefer the piano over a guitar. I haven't been able to tune my darn guitar, plus, Dad returned it to buy a fancier one," I said with an annoyed expression plastered on my face.

          "Fine. There still are some pros..." I raised my eyebrow at my sister, curiously. "Obviously! There's going to be hot boys! I mean hot girls! An- and you can date one and he can visit during winter break or spring break! I mean SHE can visit during winter break or spring break!"

          I slapped my hand over my sister's mouth quickly. "Oh my God! Shut up! Mom and Dad might hear and you know fully well that they'll get mad. Then who's the one in trouble? Me. So in the end, who's the one not getting paid? You." I removed my hand from my sister's mouth as she licked it. "Ew! You're so weird. I can't believe I'm related to you." My sister opened her mouth to say something, but I interjected saying, "No, I will not pay you beforehand. I'll pay you when I get BACK from camp. Also, what's the place called? I'm quite certain it isn't called Camp Maine."

My sister snorted, "Why should I tell you if you're not going to pay me, you liar? I refuse to tell you that the camp's name is Camp Kikiwaka. I swear on my life I won't tell you." Ha. Too late.

I smirked and said, "Thank you. And I'll give you a couple bucks. Here." I slapped the money down on my sister's desk as I winked and left. Wait... I could've looked up the camp online. "URGH! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!"

My sister cackled and said, "Yeah, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Now close your door on your way out. The door won't close itself." Now I feel like the dumb younger sister; her being the genius older sister. Great.

"Y/N! Get over here, we need to drop you off," yelled my Mom from far. I ran to my room and grabbed my suitcase before getting outside just on time as my mom honked the car horn. My Dad had left this morning for work just after he wished me goodbye and blah blah blah. All that sappy nonsense.

By the time we got to the boarding station, my sister had already busted out her tablet. As I said my goodbyes to both of them, inside, I felt a bit excited. What my sister said is true. Maybe I'll meet a girl. Once I started walking away from the car, my sister yelled, "Hey! Idiot! You forgot something. Take care of Bear and here's your poem journal. Have fun. I'll miss you being annoying. Now, Y/N, go before you miss your flight!" I grinned as I grabbed my items and waved before speed-walking into the airport.

-

It's been an hour and I already miss my sister. Dang. Security check was rough. Apparently I forgot to take off my bracelet. Then they flipped. But it was easily explanatory. I guess they've dealt with this kind of stuff before. A lady called out my flight number so I quickly boarded, not wanting to be the last one on. Fortunately, I had an aisle seat. Soon after, once the airplane started ascending, I put on some music and plugged in my earplugs. I quickly fell asleep, hoping that I'd wake in time for the destination.

Once we got there, a flight attendant nudged me awake and I groggily walked off the plane. Once I got my baggage, I looked around for a taxi. By the time I waved one over, I realized people might not exactly know where Kikiwaka was. I hopped in and said, "Hi Ma'am, I'm going to this place called Camp Kikiwaka? It's in Moose Butt. I mean Moose Rump. Do you know where that is? And can you take me there?"

The woman nodded. "Yep, it's nearby. Let's get going, shall we?"

A/N: Is this bad..? Yes. Did I really need to write this story? N o. No one asked me to write it. Well, i already published it (or is it still in google docs?) so i'm not deleting it. No going back now. But am I only updating this when I'm "stress writing"? (and I'll write poems when I stress write. But yes, I am. So I'm usually stressed. lol.) 

i'll update once a week so this is early for next week. i'll be busy next week