003 - (Ava's Story)

You know what's not fair? When you have this big thing that's important to you, but the PEOPLE that are important to you don't even show up to support you. Have you ever felt like that? If you haven't, you haven't faced the real world yet. Or you've been living under a literal rock.

          I'm Ava. I just so coincidentally had been stuck in the previously stated situation! "Hey Coach...! How ya doing... Hypothetical question. What would you do in the situation that you had this important thing and people that are important to you don't show up to support you because they care about your siblings more?"

          My coach just laughed as she said, "Ava. Honey. Did you mom not show up again? You know she loves you... she just might be busy. She might've just forgotten about today. I know how much you express to her about your games, but you've gotta let this one go and getcha head in the game. Can't let your emotions affect 'ya, can ya?"

          I sighed and nodded as the referee blew his whistle, signaling that the game was about to begin. We got into our positions and it was the other team's turn to play first. As the game gradually went on (and while I was on the bench when switching out), my eyes wouldn't quit darting around trying to find my mom. The only form of parental guidance I had found was my friend's mom yelling, "YEAH! THAT'S MY DAUGHTER! AND THAT'S MY DAUGHTER'S BEST FRIEND!" It was quite embarrassing, but you don't see me complaining, do you?

          We won, but I was still disappointed that my mom didn't come watch my game. My friend's mom gave me a ride home, which I'm thankful for because I would've had to walk home if it wasn't for her. I angrily stormed into my house as I faced my mom. "Mom! You literally missed my game! All you care about is my brothers! But never me! Was I never a priority in your life?!" My mom opened her mouth to say something, but I cut her off. "No! You don't get to talk. You're always ignoring me and it's gotten on my last nerve! I'm leaving this place."

          My mom shook her head, saying, "I know you don't mean that. You wouldn't dare do it! Just wait and give me time to explain... and come up with a realistic reason." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Basically, my mom just DIDN'T care about me. Wow. This is so encouraging.

          "Well. Watch me." I grabbed my pre-prepared travel bag and walked out the front door. I had all my money on me so I hopped onto a travel bus. I didn't know where to go, so I had decided to stay on until I heard of an interesting place. I continued staring outside my window, quite surprised that I had the guts to leave home. I ended up falling asleep, but once I woke up, I just decided to get out at a random stop. The place was called Moose Rump and there were various signs in random corners that said, "Sign up to be a counselor at Camp Kikiwaka today!"

          I asked around how I could get there and this lady told me the way. As I followed her instructions, I found this woman walking around an area that had a sign that stated "Camp Kikiwaka". She smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Lou Hockhauser. Are you here to sign up to be a counselor?" I shook my head in response to her question, but Lou didn't care. "Too bad! You seem lost and I can help you if you become a counselor."

          And this is where my new life began. I blindly accepted her offer and now, I'm in this position. Great.

A/N: y'know how I have covid? I'm writing this instead of doing my math packet (or trying to figure it out) and instead of doing my overdue science homework :] #stresswriting