The Words Flow

Despite Kurenai-sensei's advice, I don't think I could tell Naruto how I feel, I mean it is better for me to just accept he has eyes only for Sakura. She'll never give him the time of day, I wish he would accept that, but then again who am I to lecture him. I had thanked Kurenai-sensei for the talk, but I don't think things will work out for me as well, as they did for her, unless I have to wait until I'm jonin, and that's just going to be more of standing by Naruto's side as a friend, still too afraid to tell him how I feel.

I wandered around, until I ended up at the training field. Well, I guess I can practice and forget my troubles for a bit. I had attacked one tree then another, I had destroyed so many trees around me, that before I knew it, it was night. Maybe I am angry, maybe I shouldn't let this go, maybe I am sad, maybe I should give up, maybe I really don't know. I fell back, exhausted, closing my eyes.

"Sugei, wow, you did some serious damage here." said a voice I knew too well. I decided to just lay there in hopes that he would go away. "Hey you okay?"

He was now standing above me, and he was a little too close for comfort, so I sat up and scrambled a few feet back.

"Hi, Naruto."

"Yo."

"Did you want something?"

"Nope, I just saw all these trees like this and came to see who did it."

"Oh, okay, well I'm going to go now, bye." I said standing up and walking away.

"Wait Hinata, last night why did you ask me how I felt about Sakura?"

"I was just curious."

"Wait, don't tell me, she asked you to!!?" he asked incredulously, but seemed super happy.

"Sakura will never like you, so no matter how long you wait, you will always be second in her mind." I blurted out, I covered my mouth quickly, I turned my head slightly and saw him clench his fists.

"Wakata, I understand that she likes Sasuke, but I can't change how I feel."

"Yes you can."

"Why should I?"

"Naruto, you have been oblivious all these years and you still are now, are you blinded by your love for Sakura or do you just choose to ignore what you see in front of you?"I asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Who has been by your side, who has protected you, who has always believed in you?"

"Everyone." he answered. I shook my head, how can be so foolish, he has only started being acknowledged after Pain almost completely destroyed the village. The real one who's been by your side from the start, who even went out of her way to protect you, and who's always believed in you is me. I wish he could understand that but his stupidity is one of his major flaws.

"Do you remember when we were kids, and you saved me from those bullies?" he nodded his head. "Well everyone was afraid of you, but I wasn't you had saved me, and that's all that really mattered. When we all joined the academy you were always happy, and I didn't think you could show such happiness, but you did."

"I was a troublemaker back then, my dream was to become hokage, but I couldn't even do kagebunshin no justu, shadow clone justu."

"But you did, and you perfected it." I said.

"You really know how to cheer, someone up Hinata, but I don't think I'm the one who needs cheering up." he said, and I sighed. Such obliviousness can't be real.

"I'm fine, but it's getting late so I'm going to go."I said running away.

"Matte, wait, Hinata!" he called I turned around. "You seem so sad now, is it about Neji?'

No.

"I'm sorry I really wish I could have done something."

There's nothing you could have done, but there's something I wish you would do.

"But you should try to be happy."

I wish I could, but that can only happen if you say you love me.

"How about I treat you to Ichiraku ramen, it's the best and it's sure to cheer you up." he said, excitedly. I stared at this boy, knowing he means well, but he still doesn't know what can make me truly happy. Sighing, I stopped thinking because it only made me even more sad.

"That would be great Naruto." I said putting on a smile.

"Let's go." he said running ahead, as I followed slowly behind.

We walked in silence, which I was glad for. When we reached Ichiraku ramen, Kurenai-sensei's words came to me. 'Tell him how you feel. I know you can do it.' Is this the right time, maybe I should try.

"Um Naruto."

"Hmm." he said looking over at me with a bunch of noodles in his mouth.

"Do you think Neji would be proud of me?" I said, changing what I actually wanted to say.

"Well, after his death, you helped me keep focused on the war, so as not to let anyone else die. You have gotten really strong, and without a doubt, I know I can rely on you. Neji would be proud of you." he said.

"Arigato, thank you, Naruto."

"Do you feel better?" he asked.

I always feel happy around you.

"Yes, this helped a lot." I said.

"Naruto I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

Here goes, I am ready to accept rejection, if I must. But at least he will finally know how I feel, and then I can move on, hopefully. Doubtful, I am too deeply in love with Naruto, for me to ever just stop loving him.

"Well, we've known each other for a long time, ever since you saved me from the bullies."

"Oh, I remember that, but I wasn't really much help. They beat me up, and left when that guy came to get you."

"Now, that we're talking about this why did you save me that time?"

"Well, they were bullying you, you're a girl, and it was three against one. I didn't find it fair, so I wanted to help, who knew we'd end up being friends like this."

"Hai, yes, and you even cheered me on in my battle against Neji, during the Chunin Exams."

"Well, no one else was cheering for you, and you weren't doing so good."

"It's thanks to you, that I have become so strong."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I was always told I was weak, useless, and that I would never amount to anything. But I proved my father, Neji, and everyone else wrong. It was thanks to you that I could do that, you were the only one who believed in me. So I trained every day, hoping that I would be able to stand by your side and repay your kindness. I even adopted the same ninja way as you."

"All your hard work to this day has been worth it and you can not only stand by my side, you can stand in front of me. You also do not to repay me we're friends it's natural."

"Do you remember when I helped you when Pain had you pinned you down?"

"Yes I did, Gomen, I'm sorry that you got hurt because of me."

"Well, I had something to say then, and I wasn't able to, so I will say it now." I said taking deep breaths. Here goes. "I think this started when I first met you, always alone, insulted by everyone, and yet you didn't give up. It may have been your strong will, your kindness, or your strength, but ever since then I have always felt like this. You may not feel the same way, but it is about time I told you. I love you."

With that said, I got up and ran out of there. I said it, I actually said it. It feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders, but I don't think I can face him after this, I will have to avoid him. To think I actually confessed, and it wasn't because of any elaborate scheme, but because Kurenai-sensei believed that I could. She will be the first person I tell about my successful confession, but she will probably be disappointed that I didn't stay and wait for his reaction. Then again she can't really blame me, it was hard enough confessing to him, let alone waiting for his rejection. I sighed, and hurried home to sleep.