Stealth

The next morning I woke up, feeling refreshed, then remembering my confession last night I blushed uncontrollably. Today I have to tell Kurenai-sensei about this, and avoid Naruto at all costs, and hope he says nothing to any one or I'm going to be hunted down. Quickly I got ready then ran to Kurenai-sensei's house. I was leaping from house to house and I could see that my friends were meeting up again. Not wanting to find out if this had anything to do with me, I picked up speed. I reached Kurenai-sensei's house and saw Kiba and Shino standing in front of her door. Quietly I crouched down and peered over the roof at them. They didn't seem to notice me yet as they talked to Kurenai-sensei most likely asking about me. Soon they left, and I watched them go, turning back towards Kurenai-sensei, I saw her staring at me. She knew I was here, but didn't say anything, I jumped down to get out of sight quick.

"Arigato, thank you, for not saying anything." I said bowing my head.

"No need for that come on in, it seems you have something to tell me." she said, ushering me inside.

"Well you remember how you told me to confess to Naruto, and that you believe in me?" I asked, as the blush set in.

"Yes." she said happily, while rocking her baby on her lap.

"I..." I mumbled.

"I didn't quite catch that." she said leaning forward.

"I told him I love him." As I rushed out the words she jumped up for joy, dancing around with her little boy.

"I knew you could do it, what did I tell you? Now what did he say?" she asked sitting back down. Now this is what I really had a problem telling her. She pushed me to tell him, but I ran away before finding out his reaction. She can't take it that bad, I thought.

"Um.." I started.

"Yes?"

"I sort of..." I trailed off.

"Sort of what Hinata?" she asked.

"I sort of ran away before he could respond." I rushed out.

"I see, so you went through the effort of confessing, and didn't even see his reaction." she stated. I bowed my head in shame. "Well I can't blame you, shyness is a hard trait to overcome, but there will be other chances. Don't worry you haven't completely failed."

"Gomenesai, I'm sorry." I said.

"I'm teasing." she said lifting my head up. "It took courage for you to do what you did, and I'm proud of you, but what are you going to do if he wants to talk about it."

Now I hadn't thought about him coming to me, I just thought about avoiding him, and everyone else. But seeing as how they are already looking for me, I don't know what to do.

"I doubt he would want to talk about it, he probably would ignore what I said, and play it off as a joke. He likes Sakura so he wouldn't even give my confession a second thought, but our other friends they're already out looking for me. And if they don't find me, then they may find Naruto and mistake my disappearance as his fault and probably hurt him on my behalf."

"Even after all this your care for his well being is still a surprise, but then again you are not a person who carries ill-will towards anyone, unless you believe them worthy of it." Kurenai-sensei said. "I envy you Hinata."

"Watashi, me!!??" I asked incredulously. "But I am weak, timid-"

"But that isn't true. You are strong, brave, smart, kind, trustworthy, beautiful, and I envy you. You can try to be mean, but it just isn't in your nature, you are naturally kind, you never give up, you are very smart and beautiful, and all you're friends can rely on you. I do not see a weak, timid girl in front of me."

Her words mean a lot to me, this woman who raised me, and has always believed in me.

"Arigato gozaimazu, thank you very much." I said, getting up to hug her, she wrapped her arms around me, and then we separated.

"There's no need to thank me, but are you sure about this?" she asked.

"Well, I don't want to face him, and rejection isn't something I want to handle."

"I have an idea, how about you talk to Sakura." she suggested. I waited for the punch line, but it didn't come.

"You're not joking." I stated.

"Nope. You know she doesn't like him, so if she can encourage him to let her go, then you may have a chance." she explained.

"That's a big if, and very doubtful. I loved Naruto since childhood and he has loved Sakura for the same amount of time, why would he just drop her because she asked him to?"

"Hinata, have faith, okay? I get that he is determined for Sakura to fall in love with him, but between the two of you, he has to pick you or forever want a girl that will never wish to be with him."

"Kurenai-sensei, I already decided to deal with this. I told him, and that's it, if he doesn't want to be with me, I can't force him."

"But that's where you're wrong. So where does Sasuke stand in all of this?" I was surprised by the sudden change of subject, but I got what she was getting at.

"When I last spoke to him, he was set on me telling Naruto he doesn't have a chance with Sakura, and I could see that he actually likes Sakura."

"So maybe there could be a way for all of you to have a happy ending."

"Kurenai-sensei, your optimism in this matter, surprises me, but I guess I can go along with this." I said sighing, it isn't going to work, but what do I have to lose.

"Alright, first you need to find Sasuke and Sakura. Sakura would be the safer and easier choice, just convince her to tell Naruto that they have no chance of being together. Sasuke would need a little more persuasion, but if he really does like Sakura then he should have no problem helping. So basically get Sakura to reject Naruto, and Sasuke to confess to her, then you console Naruto."

"Hmm, would that work, I mean-"

"You'll never know unless you try."

I sighed so I need to find Sakura and Sasuke. Sakura is easier to find, but where am I going to find Sasuke. In addition to this hunt I have to avoid Naruto and my friends, it's doubtful I will be able to avoid all of them.

"Alright Kurenai-sensei, I will try this plan of yours."

"It has to work, if it doesn't then Naruto, doesn't know what he's losing."

"Arigato, thank you." I said as I got up to leave.

Time to find Sakura.

"Good luck Hinata." she said as I walked out the door. Luck is definitely needed. I jumped on a nearby roof, and ran over to Sakura's house. I passed by Ino, and jumped down quickly before she saw me, but I guess I was too late.

"Hinata!" she called.

"Sorry, Ino I'm in a rush." I said.

"Wait, everyone is looking for you." she said.

"I know, but I rather if they didn't." I said.

"Why not? We just wanted to know if you're okay, I mean considering what happened with Naruto." Just as blunt as Shikamaru.

"I'm not a child that needs looking after, so you guys don't have to worry about me okay? I know that Naruto can never feel the way I do, and I can accept that, so please leave me alone." I begged and ran away. I felt bad for lying, but it wasn't a complete lie, I am not a child that needs looking after.