rewrite!

Hiya, feels weird to be editing on Wattpad again but here we are! It's been a while since I published anything but I promise I haven't forgotten about Schatzi and the various other projects I said I would write. 

For the past year I've actually been busy writing a complete rewrite of Schatzi and I'm really really happy with how it's going so far. I liked the characters and idea of the original but since I wrote it when I was 15, my writing skills could do with a bit of work so a rewrite was definitely in order. I'm excited for you guys to see how much I've improved and I really hope you enjoy the rewrite when its done. 

Saying that, it could still be a while before it's finished. I've just reached the end of part 1 which is roughly the halfway point so it will probably be another year at least before it's ready. I wish I could work on it full time and get it done faster (also potentially think about trying to get published/self-publish) but I'm also busy with university stuff. 

Anyway, for the time being, here's a chapter from the rewrite which is pretty much just Eli and Peter being cute since I didn't want to give too many spoilers!

Thanks for all the support, hope you enjoy! 

Peter's touch was as gentle as the soft violet and peach hues that graced the sunset outside of the small window in their bedroom, his words gentler still. Eli sighed contentedly as Peter mumbled against his skin. His lips brushed Eli's jaw and down his neck, stopping at the base of his throat as Peter adjusted his position - hands either side of Eli's head, knees either side of his hips - and then lowering further still.

It was dusk, although it barely felt like it because they hadn't even got out of bed yet. In the heart of winter, nature's icy soul spared no time in welcoming in the darkness at the first possible moment. The days were bleak and short, the nights an eternity softened by a blanket of snow. The universe slept. Eli and Peter slept with it, shut off in their flat on the other side of town from No.175 where they'd left their old lives to fester and decay.

Eli tilted his head back against the pile of soft cotton pillows as Peter shuffled further down their king size bed, kicking duvets and blankets out of the way when they got tangled around his legs. Tingles buzzed down Eli's spine as Peter's fingers grazed his inner thigh. Fuck. That had to be the best part about living on their own - having all the time in the world for things like that.

"Shit," Peter said, sitting up and removing his hand. "I'm sorry, Eli, I just remembered I have work to do."

...Well, not quite all the time in the world.

Of course, something always had to get in the way. Peter's dumb university course that he didn't even enjoy. He never had. He wasn't interested in philosophy. He was simply getting through it to please his mother who he didn't even talk to anymore because she'd insisted on him getting a degree and hadn't allowed him to do it in the one subject he actually enjoyed which was art.

"Don't go," Eli whined, getting out from under Peter and crawling over to him so he could cup his cheeks, hold his face in his hands and stare into his light eyes.

"I'm hardly going anywhere," Peter laughed, pulling Eli's hands away, "just to the desk, Schatzi."

"Don't leave me!" Eli cried dramatically, miming fainting and falling into Peter so they both tumbled back onto the bed, laughing as Peter tried to get out and Eli grabbed a hold of his ankle and held on tight. "Stay here with me forever!"

Peter finally stopped resisting and pulled Eli onto his lap instead, one hand pressed into the small of his back, the other in his hair which was still messy from sleep. "Such a drama queen," he grinned.