Ch.2

Doc looked at his phone to see an unknown number texted him. He opens it to see it just said "hey" and texted back.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Sanford :p"

Doc immediately got exited and waved the number for his phone then replied.

"Oh! I didn't think you'd actually pay attention to the note ;^^"

"How could I not?

"It seemed a little... Sudden or like a setup, did it not?"

"Well, Hank thinks it was a set up. I didn't. But is it one? Don't tell me you called me attractive only to eradicate me and Hank."

"Of course not! Just ask Deimos. Hell, the dude will go into grave detail on how much of a simp I am."

"XD Hank's like that sometimes too, I'll see s dude who is genuinely hot, call it out, and Hank will just go off on how I do that all the time or something."

"Guess we ain't so different after all!"

"But were you serious about that whole service tunnels thing?"

"Yeah, we should have another headquarters at the very far south of Nevada. We used it for something I'm not high enough clearence to know. It was probably overrun by now though. It was significantly smaller than the one I'm stationed at."

"Well.... You might be in luck.... Our base it right where you said that facility was... We found it abandoned with the barriers broken, was a fucking massacre. But now it's more secluded than ever. No one came this way when it was active, and no one comes any closer than about a mile. Word around the Outlands is that it's generator blew or that there was a gas leak. Either way, there was an explosion and a raid. Been a year since then!"

"I see... Is there a room on the bottom floor that looks like it was welded shut?"

"Yes actually?"

"If you guys can find a way to open that, there will be a hatch with a disarmed code input. That's the entrance to the service tunnels. If you guys can't find a way to open it, I'll do it."

"That'd be awesome! I'll let Hank know. Is there any time you're free? It's pretty full out here since we started being more laid back and not going out every day and making the population decrease."

"I'm free for the next week actually, that's when we get new tasks. I can get my way into the tunnels tomorrow if you want?"

"That'd be great! I'll see what we can do about the door."

"Okay! Goodnight, I'm gonna head to sleep so I have the energy to follow through."

"Okay, g'night, 2B!"

The doctor plugged his phone in, climbed into bed, and drifted to sleep thinking of what might happen.

Doc woke up and got ready to venture into the service tunnels. He was on level 8 currently. Rank corresponded to floor.

The doctor made himself look still professional, but also just passing as an Outlander, but due to his high rep and rank, no one of lower power like those on the first floor where he needed to be could prevent him from entering.

Doc left the room with 3 monsters in hand. 2 in his bag, one open and in hand. He had no clue what would happen, but he hoped that whatever did happen, was good. He brought along a blowtorch, bolt cutters, 3 pistols, extra ammo, and whatever would be of use to not only get that door off, but, of use to Hank and Sanford.

2B walked down the narrow hallway that rank 1 units were operating on and once he reached the door to the service tunnels, slid in undetcted. He also noticed that the tunnel panel where you would scan your key card, was downgraded from rank 7 to rank 6. Deimos could now access it...

He brushed it off and entered. He looked like any other worker, except a little roughed up and tired. After imputing the code and entering the tunnel, began walking. He had to cross all of Nevada, but was lucky to remember the railway they used. As he was stepping on, he got a text.

"Hey, you awake?"

"In the tunnels right now."

"Neat, but we have a problem... We don't have anything to pry the door open with."

"I saw something like this happening... Don't worry, I brought 3 pistols, a blow torch, and bolt cutters. If I'm correct, that should do it."

"Nice! We'll be here. No missions right now and hopefully not for the day."

Doc continued and after getting comfortable on the stand, scanned his card and the electric railway buzzed to life. He pressed forward a lever and started going on his way.

After about half an hour going at 100mph, reached a dead spot. He saw it coming and ducked behind the plexiglass that protected him from the high speeds. 2B felt the impact of the stand stopping right at the edge of the dead zone. He wasnt hurt though. It was just alot of pressure to go from 100 to 0 that fast.

He got out after a little and began walking the rest the way. It took about half an hour to reach the service tunnel entrance, or exit.

He was tired and chugged the last of his monster before shooting the deadbolt off of the latch and climbing up into the small room.

"2B?"

"The one and only!"

The sounds were muffled but could be made out.

"Y'know... I think it just needs the hinges off and power. The card panel is still here, and I can unlock it with my key card!"

"That'd be great! Hank, do we have anything?"

"There should be jumper cables and a car battery in the storage room."

"Would that work?"

"If it gives it power for at least 10 seconds, then yea. It's not actually welded now that I'm looking at it. I just suspected it was... Weird."

(End)