ch. 8

"Almost everyone in this hellhole gets like that sometimes. Those people aren't important though. They're not like you Deimos. They're... Not as skilled, cool, flexible, nice, cute, special, and important to me as you are.You're someone I charish. They're not. I love you, Deimos."

"Eheh, love you too, Hank. And thank you... Really. Means alot to me to hear you say that. Doubt just always comes around at the worst times."

"It happens to the best of us. And you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long while..."

Deimos smiles and hugs onto Hank's arm. The two soon reach the base, where Sanford and Deimos we're eating ramen, watching TV, and cuddling.

Deimos hops on Hank's back and puts his hand under his chin. Pulling his head in the direction of his. Deimos kisses and Hank chuckles before moving Deimos to the front of him and walking to the room.

"What do you think they'll do?"

"You're too innocent Sanford... Too innocent..."

"OH-"

"Hehe, you know, you're cute when you exist."

"But- I do that every millisecond..??"

"That's the point, dummy."

Sanford chuckles and puts his arm around 2B. 2B kissed Sanford's cheek and they watch movies until 6:23am. That's when Sanford finally got tired enough to sleep.

2B managed to get the dead asleep Sanford on his back and carries him to his bed. Out of breath once there.

After falling asleep right off the bat, he's woken up almost immediately after by Deimos yelling.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I BEAT YOUUUUÚUUUUUUUUUUU IN APEX!!!!!"

"Quiet! 2B and Sanford are sleeping!"

After Deimos calms down, they get to sleep. Sanford spooned 2B as they slept and in about 2 hours, 2B got up and dragged Deimos away from Hank. If they weren't back by 12am, they'd be in deep shit. That's when they do staff counts. If someone is missing they search. If not found in 12hrs, simply replaced. If found, returned, interrogated, and an outcome is chosen. One you probably know by now.

After getting there, they had 3hrs and 15min to sleep before mags would open the rooms and do the headcount. Deimos was sad that he had to leave Hank, and 2B was sad he had to leave Sanford. But it was the only way to ensure they didn't kill them, Sanford, and Hank if found.

Once there, they headed to their room to get sleep. It want long before doors started opening. But this time it was different.they were instructed to go to the courtyard and stand single file.

2B runs downstairs to go catch up with Deimos, but they met on the 7th floor. He showed the same amount of confusion as doc.

Once we were there we stood where instructed and Auditor came into a stage Infront of us.

"Units. I have finished my project.-"

2B hit record on his phone as Auditor spoke.

"At 2am, 3 days from now. Friday. All of us will spread out across Nevada to find Hank's base and him. Once pinpointed, I will have him and all his allies tortured and terminated. Nevada... Is mine."

Everyone but me and Deimos cheer. Once we're let go, I drag Deimos into the service tunnels. We hurry to Hank and Sanford.

"HANK. SANFORD. WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!"

"WHAT IS IT?"

"Auditor... His new plan."

2B plays back what be recorded and the two listen closely.

"How long ago was this."

"An hour."

"We have time... But I don't know where to go."

"... The tunnels? The aahw would be empty on that day. No one there to stop us from destroying it from the inside. There are sub levels of the tunnels. You guys can hide there until it's safe."

"Yeah! That'd be better than them finding this place and discovering we headed into the tunnels..."

"That's not that bad an idea."

"Yeah... We should do it!"

"We'd need to move everything. Make this place look abandoned. Maybe even move dead bodies here to make it look like an old hide out."

It was such a big and fast change... It took 2 days to get everything done. They even put some dead raider bodies up there for some extra convincing power. It felt... So strange to Deimos and 2B that they not only were helping... But fucked. The enemy. They weren't their enemy, they were their boss's enemy.

When they were settled in, they slept the entirety of the next day. They needed enough energy to get the mission done. Fast.

Once it was time, Deimos and doc sweeped the floors making sure no one was  there. They called Sanford and Hank when it was all clear. Deimos stook with Hank, and 2B stuck with Sanford.

2B and Sanford cut the power while Hank and Deimos found Auditor's office. They didn't risk going in without the others.

...

Doc jolted awake. It was 7am. He checked to see if Deimos was with Hank and gently woke him to tell him about what happened.

"D-Deimos... Deimos!"

"Huh- what? Doc?"

"We gotta go back remember? They do headcounts today."

"Oh, right. Yeah. Let's go before they launch a search."

They get up, say goodbye for now to their lovers, and take the 45min trip. 2B explains his dream to Deimos and he reassures doc that it never happened. He was just paranoid something bad would happen. Doc was paranoid. He was anxious. He wanted to know why he woke up in a cold sweat right before they went into Auditor's office.

Today, when they emerged from the tunnels, a girl had their back to them. She turned around when she heard them.

"Ooooh! Hello! Hey! Wait! Where are you going!"

"You're rank one, right?"

"And the newest recruit! I come from-"

"Outlands. We know. We're ju-"

"SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. You're gonna get us into shit Deimos."

"*Gasp* OH MY GOD! Did you guys go see Hank!? Luckyyyy!!!!! I've always wanted to admire him up close!"

"He's mine."

"Calm down."

(End)