1v1 - 9

The two star players of team USA stared each other down, both smirking at each other. Adam pushed a few pucks to the center dot. "Ladies first," he said, motioning for her to start. Indiana scoffed lightly at him, taking a moment to think of her moves in her head. Then, Indiana started moving the puck on her stick, skating down the right side of the ice. She noticed Adam move his body forward in an attempt to poke check, so she slid the puck behind his stick and through his legs, backhanding the puck into the net.

"I'll give you that one," breathed Adam. He would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed by the girls' skill.

Indiana laughed quietly, "Your turn, Banksie." Adam took the puck down the middle this time, performing a perfect toe drag and dangling away from Indiana, hitting the center of the net.

"I'll give you that one," mocked Indiana, skating back to center ice.

Indiana skated down the left side this time, faking right. As Adam stepped towards her, she took a step back to the left and kicked the puck off of her skate before shooting top left corner. Adam had tried to get back but couldn't get his stick in the way of Indiana's shot.

"You never miss, huh?" Asked Adam, gathering the puck from the back of the net and bringing it back to center ice.

"Rarely," stated Indiana, bending forward with her stick in position. "C'mon, cake-eater."

Adam shook his head at the nickname. He decided to go simpler on this shot, not aiming to attempt any sort of dangle. Adam simply took the shot, which skimmed off of Indiana's right glove and went in. Adam quickly stopped, unsure where the puck had hit the girl, who shook her hand and grimaced. "I'm so sorry Indiana, where did it hit you?" the boy asked, grabbing her hand lightly with his.

Indiana chuckled at the boy's reaction, "I'm fine, Adam. It barely skimmed my hand. It just stung on impact, that's all." explained the girl, allowing for Adam to let out a sigh of relief. Not only did he not want to injure her because it could negatively impact the team if she had been hurt, but also for personal reasons that Adam was not willing to face yet.

"Can I take my turn or are you going to hold my hand while I do it?" Indiana smirked at the boy who instantly dropped her hand, hand rubbing the back of his neck as he let out a mumble of words that she couldn't understand. Indiana smiled once again at the boy's awkwardness, skating back to center ice with the puck.

"So, what do I get if I win?" Asked Indiana.

Adam laughed, "What do you want?"

Indiana thought for a moment, "If I win, you have to stay out with me past curfew and do something that doesn't involve hockey."

Adam scoffed, "Like what?"

"I don't know-- something fun!" Expressed Indiana. "Like we could go get ice cream, or just walk around and talk-- I don't know, anything." Adam smiled at the girl's enthusiasm, knowing that whatever the two might do together, that he would have fun regardless. 

Adam nodded, unable to not agree with the girl as she smiled at him, "Alright. If you win, we stay out past curfew."

"And do something that isn't related to hockey," Indiana clarified.

"And do something that isn't related to hockey," Adam repeated after her. "What if I win?"

"What do you want?" Indiana asked, staring back at the boy.

"If I win, you get to treat me to dinner. Deal?" Asked Adam.

"It's lame, but I accept," taunted Indiana, Adam rolling his eyes in response. Instead of continuing the conversation, Indiana began skating towards the net yet again. This time, the girl faked a shot left, shooting it right. The puck glanced off of the middle of the post and into the net.

"I'm glad you're not a defenseman, Banks," taunted Indiana.

The competition continued until it was 3 to 2 in Indiana's favor and Adam had final possession. Adam skated down the right side of the boards, eyeing the top right corner of the net. Adam lowered his hand a little too much and released the shot. Indiana spun around, watching as the puck hit the curve of the post and went over the net. Maybe it was because he wanted a night to do something non-hockey related. Maybe it was because he was in need of a post-curfew thrill. Or maybe, just maybe, the boy was intrigued by the new company he was keeping. Adam had been practicing this shot for thirty minutes prior to their little scrimmage-- of course, at this moment, he knew where to place his hand in order to nail that shot. But he didn't. Purposefully.

"Gotta move your hand a little lower than that, Banksie!" Indiana taunted, holding her hands above her head in celebration.

"Maybe. Or maybe I just wanted you to hold my hand again," Banks said boldly, causing the girl to smile and stare downward at her skates. Adam began to skate towards her, unable to stop himself in his attempt to make some sort of move on the girl. As he lifted her left hand with his, Indiana's watch came into her view. Indiana took one look at her watch, audibly gasping at the time. They had been given strict orders to meet at the team restaurant at 6 P.M., and it was now 6:15 P.M. The pair would still have to remove their equipment and walk back to the hotel before dropping off their belongings and meeting the team.

"We are SO late for team dinner right now; we have to go!" Indiana stated, skating over to the bench quickly with Adam following behind, laughing at the girl's panicked state. "Adam Banks, this is not a laughing matter, let's go!" Indiana untied her skates, throwing every piece of equipment back into her bag.

Adam got onto the bench and began untying his skates, "Alright, alright."