Icelandic Rodeo - 20

"We're ready for the opening face-off in tonight's championship game. Team USA against Iceland. Lester Averman will move in to take the draw for Team USA. And off the face-off, Averman gets knocked down. Iceland physically dominated the first game between two teams, and they'll try to do it again tonight." Indiana stepped onto the ice and was passed the puck, only to be hit up high by Gunnar Stahl. Adam took a shot at the goalie, only for him to freeze the puck.

Adam noticed Indiana on the ice, "You alright, Indie?" Adam held out his hand, helping her up.

"I hate that guy," she scowled at Gunnar Stahl, who smiled back at her.

"It's part of the game, baby." Gunnar antagonized the girl, who narrowed her eyes back. Adam pushed forward, but Indiana held him back, not wanting him to take a penalty, especially on her behalf. The two skated back to the bench and sat down together.

Indiana sighed, "You can't let them get to you, Adam. We need you in the game, not the box." Adam pursed his lips, regretfully nodding.

"I can't help it, Indie. He's coming for you," Adam explained.

Indiana sighed, "I've told you before, Adam. I can handle it." Adam finally agreed to let the girl fight her own battles.

Indiana watched from the bench as Sanderson took the puck from their blue line to behind the net. Tripping Goldberg, Sanderson took the puck around the other side of the net and scored on the wraparound. Goldberg skated towards the Iceland player who had taunted him about his speed, but both Dwayne and Kenny pretended to hold him back. After the line change, Russ was forced into the board's multiple times by two Icelanders. Russ set up the knuckle puck, perhaps too late as it was poke checked away. Iceland took the puck down the ice once again, spinning around the defense before passing it across the crease for an empty net goal.

"Banks' line, you're on. Be careful out there," said Bombay. Adam, Indiana, and their newfound winger Guy stepped onto the ice. Adam moved around the defense, spinning in a perfect circle while holding his stick in only his right hand, protecting the puck. That was, until one of the Iceland players slashed his bad wrist, causing him to fall on the ice.

"Adam!" Indiana yelled, hearing the whistle stop play. Luckily, team USA would be on the powerplay. Indiana skated with Adam to the bench, allowing for a line change.

"You okay?" Both Indiana and Bombay asked.

Adam directed his attention to Indiana, "Indie, I'm fine. It just hit the pad. Really." Indiana sighed, nodding her head.

"Okay," she said, believing him. His wrist had only just healed, it could be detrimental if he was injured in the exact same spot.

"Way to hang in there, Adam. Great playing," Coach said, walking over to look at the Iceland bench. After gaining some offensive zone time, the puck was quickly taken back by Iceland. Amselik took it on a breakaway, Luis trailing closely behind. As Luis took down Amselik, the puck entered the goal. It was now three to nothing. Team USA attempted a flying V, which was met by a more powerful check on each USA player. Stahl took the puck and passed it across the ice, Sanderson scoring yet again.

"Iceland is really taking it to team USA, they are completely dominating this game. As we start the second period, you wonder how is team USA going to get back in this. It's like David versus Goliath." Portman and Fulton began acting as the bash brothers again, attempting to match the intensity and physicality of the Iceland team.

"Go Kenny!" Indiana yelled from the bench. Kenny grabbed the puck, skating it through the neutral zone. Kenny used his figure skating ability to split through the defense, receiving a pass from Fulton and then shooting the puck past the goaltender. The bench jumped up, Indiana once again embracing the boy next to her. Adam chuckled as Indiana quickly let him go, embarrassed.

Indiana started to laugh, "Oh my god Kenny what are you doing?" Kenny turned to the goalie, dropping his stick, gloves, and then pulling the goalies jersey above his helmet. Fulton and Portman skated to the penalty box, cheering on their little bash brother. Fulton and Portman took their helmets off, entertaining the crowd with their antics. They went through team USA's bench cheering, before both taking their turns at hitting each Icelanders helmet with their glove. In the end, the two boys received misconduct penalties and joined their little bash brother. Indiana laughed at first, until she realized that team USA would be short-handed. Connie began to slip over the boards, changing.

"Connie," Charlie began, stopping the girl in front of team USA's bench. "Be careful out there. They're gunning for you and Indiana."

Connie scoffed, "Don't worry, I'll be fine." The bench erupted as an Iceland player lined up Connie and rode her into the boards, her falling. Connie misplayed the puck in the net, Sanderson lining her up for a check. Before anyone could stop him, Dwayne hopped the boards with his rope, roping Sanderson and taking him down. Dwayne slowly pulled Sanderson in below his legs.

"Get up here. Where I come from, we treat ladies with respect," said Dwayne, pulling Sanderson up to his feet.

"Thank you, Dwayne, but I'm no lady. I'm a duck!" Said Connie, pushing Sanderson down at his stomach. Dwayne was skated to the penalty box and given two minutes for... roping. It was the most bizarre sequence of hockey any of them had seen. In fact, some of it represented more of a rodeo or a boxing match than it did hockey.

After what felt like a long period, the buzzer sounded at the end of the period, with both teams returning to their locker rooms.