Scars To Your Beautiful

This clip will confuse you if you don't remember much of the show. Remember when Emma had surgery? And she was at home, with Dylan, and she showed him her scar? Well, pretend that Emma is Norma and that Dylan is Alex. Same scenario, same everything; same age. For the sake of this clip just allow them to switch places. And yes, Norma is the one with cystic fibrosis.

happy reading, my loves.

~

Norma's head rested peacefully on Alex's chest. His hand formed dull patterns on her arm, his fingers grazed her skin smoothly. It's been months since she was able to lay in his arms like this.

Part of her recovery included long hours of sitting up and never was she allowed to sleep on her back. But now, three months later, she granted herself the luxury of being embraced by the arms of the man she loved most.

"I can hear you thinking, baby," Alex sighed, and although she wasn't facing him, she knew he was smiling.

But instead of an answer, she merely gave him a small chuckle. If only he could. He would be terrified of the things that are running through her head.

Alex, knowing better than anyone how Norma is, expected some kind of smart remark. He tilted his head, trying to get a better look at her face.

"What is it? Are you okay?" he asked with obvious concern.

"Are you going to leave?" Norma asked after a moment of silence.

"What? No. I think your dad is warming up to the idea of me being here," he misunderstood her words and smiled even. "Do you think he'd mind if I move my stuff into your room?"

"That's not what I meant," Norma spoke in a monotone, raspy tone.

"What did you mean, then?" she hated how serene he was. Unlike her. She wanted to be more like him and despised that she couldn't and would never be like him. So strong-minded and reassuring.

And her? So sick and weak.

"Are you leaving?" she asked again, her eyes fixed on the picture that hung perfectly on the wall across from her bed. "Now that I'm damaged?"

His eyebrows furrowed instantly, and he resented how discouraged she sounded. He's highly aware of the drastic change in her mood and self-esteem since the surgery. The Doctor had warned her father about it.

Alex, as careful as possible, got himself into a sitting position, maneuvering her in the process, forcing her to face him.

"What are you talking about?" his voice sweet and ready to understand whatever it was that was bothering her.

But Norma looked away, not wanting to talk about it now and cursing herself for bringing it up. He wasn't going to let it go now.

His hand located her chin, and their eyes were forced to meet. He could always read her like an opened book and see right through her. But now, after finding so much turmoil in those marvelous blue eyes, he's not so sure anymore.

"Talk to me," he implores in the smallest of voices. He could see tears daring to come out, how she was attempting to bottle them in. She tried to look away again, but he wouldn't let her. "Wha-what do you mean by that? I'm-I'm never going to leave."

"Why?" she demanded coldly. "Why do you want to be with someone like me? I was cut open like a chicken and stapled back together like something you only see in movies. I have someone else's lungs because mine never functioned the way they were supposed to. Who says that these new lungs are going to work? If they don't, are they going to open me back up? Are they going to staple me back together like—"