Moving Out

"Are you sure this is everything?" Norma questions from the kitchen.

"I don't have much."

"I can see that," she acknowledges delightfully.

They had agreed to move Alex out of his former house and place it on the market. It was a lovely house, it really was. But it didn't serve a substantial purpose if no one was residing in the small but cozy home.

"You need more boxes?" he comes to stand behind her, enveloping his robust arms around her lean waist. Her back is pressed against his hard-rock chest, and he likes the way she starts swaying in his arms.

"I think I'm good," she assures him. Her hands were occupied coating his last plate with bubble wrap. "This is the last plate. All the drawers are empty. We just need to figure out what to do with the wine bottles."

"Okay," his lips now pressed upon the side of her neck, and she playfully pulls away from him when she feels his lips on her neck.

"I'm all sweaty," she smirks, but he pulls her back.

"No, you're not," he says and nibbles at her earlobe.

"Alex!" she exalts through a fit of giggles. The action almost causing her to drop and break the plate.

She senses his smile against her skin and feels frivolous at the whole idea that he still wants her even when she feels dirty and gross.

"I'm not doing anything," he says defensively. "I'm just kissing my wife."

"Well, don't," she grins. "We're not done here. We still have your room and the garage."

"My room is almost done," he whispers, but his hands don't stop moving. His mouth still torturing her, and his naughty hands kept going under her oversized shirt—agonizing her all the more.

"No, it's not," she tells him. "Your closet is still packed and so are your drawers."

"Fine," he sighs disappointedly, stepping away from her. She peers back at him, but he proceeds to walk down the hall without shifting back.

"Hey!" she barks with a smile on her face.

He smiles but drops his grin before entirely turning around.

"Don't be a brat," she tells him with a knowing look.

He smirks at her but continues to stroll away while still facing her. He was glad that his couch was gone and he was free to roam around his living room without bumping into anything.

"I'll be in my room," he wriggles his eyebrows at her, and she giggles.

"None of that, mister," she warns him. "We're just packing. That's it."

He stops walking and furrows his eyebrows. "That's not fair."

Norma laughs and stores the flawlessly wrapped plate inside the box. She closes it and reaches for the tape gun. "Back to work, Sheriff."

He starts walking back to her. "I need tape."

"No, you don't," she chuckles, hiding the tape gun behind her back.

He is beaming widely like a kid in a candy shop.

Alex reaches for it, scarcely. He's indulging the way she tries to hide it from him even though he's barely trying.

"There's one upstairs!" she declares with beaming teeth.

He stops fumbling around, letting her catch her breath. "I didn't see it."

"You haven't been upstairs!" she roars. "It's on top of your dresser."

Her smiling husband reaches for it again and traps her between the kitchen island and his body. "I want this one."