🎀 7 🎀

"i'm going out tonight."

"again?" jane asked, lifting her head from her phone to look at her son.

"yeah, jaehyun was feeling down today because of taeyong. so, we're both going to the club." mark explained, sitting next to his mother. "maybe he'll find someone there, who knows..."

"maybe you will too." mark's mother wiggled her brows, making mark snort.

"maybe." he nodded. "but maybe you could come too, so that you can find someone."

don't get him wrong there.

mark wasn't inviting his mother to go the club with him and his friend.

he was just teasing her, something usual for them.

since her divorce, she had been lonely, and she had even told mark a few times how she would have loved to find someone else to make her happy.

so, mark often referred to this, sometimes joking, and sometimes being serious.

and jane knew that mark wanted the best for her, so she willingly joked with him or shared her troubles with her older child. even if she had kept hidden a little detail...

"jokes on you but- "

she was interrupted by a 'ding' coming from her phone, meaning that she had a notification. this made her unlock her phone immediately.

"who is it?" mark raised a brow, leaning over his mother's shoulder to peek at her phone – he had never seen her being so eager to read a text message, even if he had realised that she was more on her phone these past months.

"don't look at my phone!" his mother squeaked, pushing mark away.

"who is jaesun?!" mark gasped.

"no one!" jane replied immediately.

"come on, mom. i know he's not no one!" mark rolled his eyes at his mother's teenager-like behaviour. "who is this jaesun?"

"well..." jane coughed. "let's say i won't need to accompany you to the club tonight... or any night...?"she explained, avoiding eye-contact with her son.

"wait, wHAT?!" mark exclaimed, giving all his attention to his mother. "you've been seeing someone?! and you didn't tell us?!"

"i didn't want you to know about it because i didn't know if it would last..." jane explained in a low voice, looking worriedly at her son.

"wow, wow, wow... wait a minute." mark tried calming himself down. "could you maybe give me a bit more information about all of this?"

"the divorce was six years ago mark, almost seven. and you've been telling me that i should find someone to make me happy... well, i did." jane told.

mark bit his bottom lip, his eyes never leaving his mother.

as soon as she finished her sentence, mark jumped on her, wrapping his arms around her neck to hug her tightly.

"i'm so happy for you, mom." he mumbled. "sorry for my reaction."

jane smiled widely as he willingly hugger her son back. "it's okay mark. i'm sorry for not telling you before."

"don't apologise mom, i understand."

the two family members stayed in this position for a while, simply appreciating the embrace and the love sharing.