🎀 17 🎀

"two hours and a half?!" mark repeated once again, his eyes widened.

"no, wait!" donghyuck took sungchan's watch and looked at the time again, making sure to calculate slowly.

he had transformed at 4:10pm.

it was now 6:43pm.

which meant... he had been in his human form for 2 hours and 33 minutes!

"t-this is impossible..." donghyuck's eyes widened.

"are you sure of your calculi?" mark asked worriedly.

"i am! i've calculated four times now!" donghyuck replied with trembling hands.

"why aren't you transforming back then?" mark's brows furrowed.

"do i look like i have an idea?" donghyuck tsked. "i don't know what's happening..."

mark bit his bottom lip while thinking for a plausible explanation.

but let's be real, he couldn't even explain the fact donghyuck was his sister's doll who could transform into a human.

so, how could he find any explanation to something that was unexplainable?

"donghyuck?" mark spoke again, looking at the male and panicking when he realised tears were threatening to leave his eyes. "hey, hyuckie, don't cry..."

"i-i can't help it..." donghyuck mumbled as hot tears cascaded down his cheeks.

mark was quick to pull the beautiful boy in a hug again, hiding his face in his chest while one of his arms wrapped protectively around his waist, leaving the other hand to caress his now faded pink hair.

"calm down, hyuckie... we'll tell sungchan that you need to leave, okay? then i'll accompany you outside, and you'll transform again. is that okay?" mark asked, never stopping to hold the sad doll in his arms.

"mmh... okay..." donghyuck nodded, slowly pulling out from the hug.

"good." mark smiled, using his thumbs to wipe the tears off donghyuck's face.

mark gulped hard looking at donghyuck's angelic face.

the pinkette was gorgeous, his doe eyes looking at mark with so much adoration, his lips pouted and his cheeks and nose still red because of him crying.

mark really wanted to cup those plump cheeks and bring their faces closer to kiss him. he badly wanted that.

but he needed to control himself and his teenager heart.

donghyuck may not want any of this.

donghyuck may not like him like he does.

donghyuck may not even be able to like people since he was a doll.

but mark felt it hard to resist...

how could someone in their sane mind not want to kiss that pout away? to cup those chubby cheeks? to bop that button nose? to stare forever into those doe eyes?

right, it was impossible...

but for the sake of donghyuck's well-being, mark had to try making it possible, which is why he simply leant forwards to peck donghyuck's forehead lovingly.

this simple but sweet gesture made fireworks explode in both of their stomachs, completely unaware of the effect this had on the other.

they were both completely oblivious about how everything they did had an influence on the other.