🎀 21 🎀

mark was seated crossed-legs on his bed his computer switched on in front of him as he read over his notes for the upcoming exam.

sadly, the break was coming to an end, and they all needed to focus back on school work.

as much as mark didn't want to work and read those annoying articles, he knew today was the last day he'd be able to do that.

it was friday night, and mark and his friends would all be going to their 'end of break' party at the club on saturday night, which meant that they would all be tired as hell on sunday – and probably on monday too.

so, mark only had a few hours left to revise, and he really needed them, because he hadn't worked that much compared to what he should have done.

the 18-year-old sighed as he reread the notes over and over again, making sure to understand every concept and be able to explain them to the class if the teacher ever interrogated him.

mark worked hard and for long, not realising that more than four hours had passed meaning it was almost 2am. damn, and he was only halfway through his last-minute revisions.

a timid knock on the door made him lift his head up, wondering what sungchan could want this late at night. "yes?" he spoke out loud, inviting him to enter.

the door opened slowly, and mark was quite surprised to see a mop of pink hair appearing through the opening.

"donghyuck?" he raised a brow.

"hi... hum... c-can i... enter?" the doll asked shyly.

"yes, yes, of course." mark nodded.

donghyuck walked inside the comfort of mark's room and closed the door behind his back. he then took slow steps towards mark's bed, his head hanging low.

"you needed something?" mark asked.

"n-no..." donghyuck shook his head.

"then..." mark looked at the beautiful male. as much as donghyuck made his heart go mad, and as much as he loved it, he really needed to work right now.

"i... i-i wanted to be with you..." donghyuck admitted with red cheeks. since he had acknowledged his feelings, he felt shyer than ever every time he had to face mark.

"o-oh." mark flushed red as his heart did summersaults in his chest.

"do you mind?"

mark shook his head immediately. "no! not at all!" he exclaimed. "you can stay with me. i mean... i'd love if you could stay with me. like... yeah. i like your company..." he continued, making a fool of himself.

however, he didn't mind sounding ridiculous, because his confused words made donghyuck chuckle, and he loved when donghyuck chuckled because of him. it made him feel important.

"i like your company too." donghyuck admitted. "that's why i came here."

"stay with me, then." mark smiled.

donghyuck and mark looked at each other for a while, smiling at each other like teenage boys who had just figured their feelings out and who were too shy to do anything – because they were.

"come and sit here." mark patted the space next to him on the bed.

donghyuck climbed on the soft mattress, sitting crossed legs next to mark.

"do you mind if i..." mark pointed at his computer. "i really need to revise for my tests..."

"no, it's okay. i'll just watch you." donghyuck assured.