🎀 11 🎀

mark sighed as he plopped on his bed after a hot shower, wearing only a towel wrapped low on his hips.

sungchan and his father had left the house a bit more than an hour ago.

mark had been surprised how much he had enjoyed dinner. it felt livelier than usual, as if it was a real family meal, with a mother, a father, and their children.

mark didn't know how much he had missed those kinds of dinner, but he was now aware that he wished every dinner was like this.

the teenager was pulled out of his happy thoughts by a ding coming from his phone, indicating that he had received a message.

mark rolled on his bed and stretched out his arm to grab the device that had lit up on his bedside table.

jaehyun

hey mork

did you have the opportunity to talk with donghyuck?

i hope yes

and i need to know everything

mark laughed to himself at jaehyun's message.

he couldn't understand why his friend was so obsessed with donghyuck.

mark

yo

i couldn't tonight

met my mom's new bf

had some kind of very pleasant family dinner

jaehyun

damn i hope he's cool

and you definitely should text your boy now

if he was in a club the other day, he's probably still awake

"who's 'your boy'?"

"AGHHH!!" mark yelled in a high-pitched voice, throwing his phone in the air, at the sudden interjection.

"shh!" mark was shut up by a hand that slammed over his mouth. "i'm going to get caught if you scream like that!"

"d-donghyuck?!" mark stammered. "what the hell are you doing here?"

"i wanted to hang out with you." the doll boy said. "but i couldn't before because maria was up."

mark sighed, closing his eyes to calm his erratic heartbeat.

the boy had been so caught up with replying to his text message that he hadn't even heard the door opening and closing.

"so, who is 'your boy'?" donghyuck repeated his initial question.

mark flushed red, not really knowing how to tell donghyuck that he was supposed to be 'his boy'. not that mark thought of him as that, it's just jaehyun's way of talking – yeah, definitely.

"n-no one." mark stuttered.

"oh, look he sent you another message." donghyuck said, picking mark's phone up.

"no, wait!" mark exclaimed as he tried snatching the phone from donghyuck's hand, but failing miserably to do so as donghyuck had taken a few steps back to read the message.