21

Davina's POV 

I woke up in my bed like it was an ordinary day. The light streamed through my bedroom window hitting my comforter, warming my body.  I didn't want to move, I wanted to stay tangled in my sheets and blankets forever. My body was relaxed, my mind elsewhere, finally not dwelling on my imminent danger. But just when I was enjoying my solitude I heard a commotion in the living room, reminding me that I wasn't alone and I was indeed in imminent danger. When I came back into my room for the first time in days last night, it felt strange. Even though Harry had cleaned up most of the mess it still felt incredibly tainted. It took me a while to actually feel comfortable in my bed again last night. I tossed and turned for hours before falling asleep. I was shocked to see that Harry had returned my room to a somewhat normal state. So much so that I didn't even bother asking him why he did it. I'm sure he wouldn't even have an answer, it seemed to me that he didn't even know why he had done it. 

I changed from my pajamas and brushed out my tangled hair before walking into the living room. There I saw Harry sitting on the couch with his hands knitted in his hair, staring at his phone. He looked stressed. I looked down at my phone seeing it was almost 7:30. He looked like he didn't sleep at all. I cleared my throat, trying to get his attention as I approached the living room. He looked up, his eyes heavy and dark. He pocketed his phone before standing up. 

"Morning," I mumbled. 

He just nodded his head, running his hands through his hair again. 

"Uh-thanks again...for my room," I spoke, pointing behind me. 

"Yeah. Listen pack a bag, we're leaving." He spoke quickly only seconds after I finished my sentence. 

I was surprised by his tone of voice considering I had thanked him undoubtedly several times in the past 24 hours. But just as I thought things were changing, I guess they just stay the same. I guess I had caught him in a moment of weakness yesterday. I looked at him carefully, only to see a serious face. His eyebrows were furrowed as if waiting for me to say something. I just nodded turning on my heels to go back to my room. I hesitated when I closed the door. While he had gained more of my trust, there was still part of me that didn't trust him completely. He hadn't told me where we were going, for all I know he could be flying me out of the country. Which I was praying wasn't the case. I had no clue how long we would be gone either. I was surprised when I began packing a weekend bag filled with anything and everything that would fit, complying with his demand. I didn't even think twice about the fact that he was taking me somewhere. If it meant being farther away from Gray and the danger of getting killed then I was all for it. I placed my laptop securely in the bag, assuming wherever we go, I would have to work from home. I'm surprised I haven't been fired at this point. 

I finished packing my bag and stepped out into the living room. Harry stood up from the couch and headed for the door, fishing his keys out of his pocket. He was almost to the door when I dropped my bag, letting it hit the floor with a thud. 

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, crossing my arms, frustrated at his change in attitude. 

He paused at the door, his hand hovering over the handle after he had moved the kitchen chair away from under it. He took a breath before completely turning to face me. 

"I have yet to process everything that happened yesterday and now we're up and leaving, for who knows how long. I have a life here you know." I spoke desperately, now my emotions getting the best of me. 

My throat hitched and I felt the familiar tinge in my chest that I always felt when I was about to cry. But I was so tired of crying. Yesterday I felt utterly weak and helpless, so much so that I wanted to do something about it. I had never felt that useless in my life. I stood my ground not giving him a chance to open his mouth to answer me.