31

Harry's POV

It was nearly 6 a.m. when I woke up, already dreading having to drag myself out of bed for the day. Between fighting more often, bartending at Striped Elephant, and overseeing the warehouse I've been more exhausted than ever. The fighting not only was physically draining and demanding but mentally I found it hard to not snap at people. I was angrier than normal, which was sometimes good when it came to Thursday night fights.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and ran my hands over my face inhaling sharply at my pounding headache. I turned, looking over at the other side of the bed where a girl was wrapped in the sheets, her blonde hair splayed on my pillowcase. I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose before nudging her shoulder. She whined, turning to face me, her eyes squinting. I opened my mouth stopping myself when I almost said her name. It took me a second to remember that this was just some random girl I'd taken home after a drunken shift at the bar. I shook my head and began speaking, words coming out biting.

"It's time for you to go," I spoke standing up before sliding my boxers on.

"It's 6 a.m." She complained, not moving from the bed.

"And?" I spat exiting the room and into my bathroom.

I stood at the sink, listening as I heard her shuffling around in the other room, letting out several huffs signaling that she was annoyed. I frankly didn't give a fuck. I leaned my palms against the cold marble countertop and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked like shit. Some bruises scattered near my eye from the previous fight and the dark bags from my lack of sleep made my green eyes look darker than normal. I splashed some cold water on my face, wincing at what felt like a cold slap on my cheeks, hoping that it would bring some life back into my face. When I looked up seeing nothing had changed, I pushed off the countertop and walked back to my room, hoping the girl had gone but I was sorely mistaken.

She had dressed in her clothes from last night that was previously scattered on the floor but was waiting expectantly at the door. She crossed her arms, clearly waiting for me to say something. I cleared my throat raising my eyebrows at her, unsure of what she could want.

"You don't even remember my name do you?" She spoke, instead.

Seriously?

I inwardly groaned, trying not to roll my eyes at her. She couldn't be serious. There was no way she was unaware that this wasn't anything more than just a one-night stand. Therefore, I didn't need to remember her name.

"Victoria-" I started, unsure.

No that wasn't it.

She scoffed, this time rolling her eyes. "Daniella." She spoke.

"Right. Yeah, whatever. What do you want Daniella?" I asked.

She huffed again, annoyed. "I need money for a cab." She spoke.

"Can't you just call an Uber?" I asked, now growing annoyed as well.

"My phone's dead you dick, and I don't have any cash." She spat.

I sighed, walking to my nightstand where my wallet was carelessly tossed, and riffled through my cash to find a twenty-dollar bill. I handed it to her and she gave me a sarcastic smile before finally leaving my bedroom. Moments later I heard the front door downstairs slam and I finally could exhale.

I got ready quickly for the day, heading to the gym first to box for a little and run a few miles, despite wanting to throw up the entire time from my gruesome hangover. The rest of the day I spent over at the warehouse going through paperwork and crunching numbers in my office. Since working at the warehouse, it's been endless nights of accounting for all units, checking the packer's progress at the assembly line, and ensuring our return on investment.