23

!!!!!!SMUT/ 18+ CONTENT WARNING !!!!!!!

Recommend listening to bad idea! by girl in red for this chapter hehehe

This chapter has 18+ content, read at your own risk and keep both hands on your phones! ;)

TW talk of addiction and drugs

Harry's POV

I don't think I had actually fallen asleep last night and now suddenly the sun was up. When I came downstairs I saw Davina still asleep on the couch. I guess she hadn't moved once I went upstairs to bed. I watched her carefully as her chest rose and fell slowly. She looked content and comfortable and I found myself walking into the kitchen quieter to not wake her.

Once in the kitchen, I made a pot of coffee, and only then when I opened the fridge for milk did I realize that there was no food. I threw my head back frustrated, before closing the fridge and grabbing my wallet from the countertop. I had a rental car dropped off this morning so I swiped the keys and left the kitchen. When I entered the living room again Davina was stirring on the couch before finally sitting up, her face twisting as she stretched. I was just about to head to the front door when she cleared her throat and stood up as if ready to follow me. She was like a goddamn lost puppy dog, following me around everywhere.

Yeah, I needed a cigarette. And food.

"Hey, where are you going?" She asked, her voice small.

It took a lot in me to actually form a sentence rather than snap and brush past her. But for some reason, I wanted to try harder with her. Maybe be more patient. I don't know what's going on with me. I paused, turning on my heels before taking a breath.

"The store, there's no food," I spoke.

She took a small step forward, playing with her hands. She looked nervous, almost like she was embarrassed to speak.

"Oh..." She murmured. There was a pause before she began talking again. "Would it be okay if-"

She went quiet again before shaking her head. She seemed uncomfortable and it bothered me that I couldn't figure out why.

"What?" I asked, growing impatient.

"It's just, I don't feel comfortable being alone just yet...after everything-" She explained, still sounding unsure of herself.

From what she was saying it sounded like she wanted to come with me, voluntarily which was different.

"You can come with me if that's what you're asking," I answered curtly.

I don't know why I answered her that way, it must just be the lack of sleep and food. I haven't been to England in a while so my body isn't used to the time change. I was also incredibly stressed about the situation with Gray. We couldn't hide out in England forever. I needed to get in contact with him somehow safely to negotiate a deal, but I didn't want Davina to know. With that would come more questions, more questions I can't answer. She doesn't respond which would normally have me rolling my eyes and brushing past her, ignoring her presence. But instead, I took a breath and waited as she nodded her head.

"Uh-yeah. Yeah if that's alright." She mumbled.

I waited for her in the car as she got ready and once she arrived I sped off into town. It was particularly quiet on the drive down and it was making my skin crawl. Davina normally always had something to say, sometimes to the point where I'd snap and tell her to shut up. But I wanted so badly to hear the sound of her voice. How hypocritical of me to now want to listen to her in this painful silence.