[4]

as we got out the car we all parted ways. well, except for me an rue. she held onto my hand, immediately rushing to the main part of the house.

"hold on, rue." i complained, slightly chuckling, her completely ignoring my comment as she continued to pull me.

just as we entered through a glass door that was wide open, my nostrils began suffocating by the smell of alcohol and weed in the air. i wondered around, recognizing most of the people since rue had introduced me to them before.

"hey davina! have you seen cassie by chance?" i heard, tilting my head to reveal the face of the person speaking to me. "hi lexi!... sorry uh- no i haven't." i replied, giving her a weak smile,
wondering why the girl with a worried look didn't know where her sister was. 
she sighed, "if you see her tell her i've been looking for her, please."
"of course. i'll be on the lookout." i agreed to her request, both of us exchanging one last smile before going our opposite ways.

i turned my attention back to rue who was currently smoking behind a wooden counter.
"what's good, rue. thought i lost you for a second." i yelled, attempting to be louder than the music in the background
"i'm right here, baby." she talked back, her arm resting on the counter as she looked up and inhaled the joint she had in between her fingers. 
using the force in my arms i quickly found myself sitting on top of the counter.
"i just wanna know why you thought it was a good to let 2 fucking drug dealers give us a ride to this party when—" i suddenly began saying, completely cutting myself off when i saw rue looking behind me like if she had seen a ghost.
confused, i slowly started turning around until i heard ringing coming from the inside of my mini white purse.
i opened it up, only to grab my phone which had been blowing up with millions of text notifications.

'donde chingados estas?!?'
'contesta el puto teléfono davina que no estoy jugando. '
'vas a ver cuando llegues a la casa.'
-mom

fuck.
fuck.
fuck.
fuck.

i groaned as i read all the messages, a feeling of regret taking over my body. i looked up, about to inform rue of what had just happened. my face was quick to drop when i saw that she had disappeared on me. "jesus christ, bro." i mumbled, not knowing where my bestfriend ran off to.
many thoughts of what to do flashed in my head, only to resort to the smartest one. getting fucked up.
what? i was getting in trouble either way, right?
might as well make it worth it.

i picked up a red plastic cup and started filling it up with whatever alcohol the tanks had in them. i chugged down the harsh tasting liquor, trying to detect what was it that i was drinking.
tequila.
yuck.

i pushed a button on a new tank, letting my cup re-fill with a new kind of alcohol. i took a few sips, scared of what it might be.
i was confused because.... it tasted so good? almost like strawberries with a hint of liquor.
yum.

i exited through the glass door, observing everyone on the dance floor. i looked over my shoulder only to spot ashtray. he was hanging out with two dudes and a girl who was all over him. i couldn't stop staring as i took in his every movement. i stopped staring when i noticed the song that began playing through the big speakers.

needed me by rihanna.

"davina come here girl! lets dance!" i saw maddy yell, flashing her smile as her hand guided me towards the dance floor. i didn't respond back. i was too busy swallowing more of what was in my cup. i turnt my back on her, us both swaying beautifully to the beat of the music.

i felt someone tap my shoulder. "hey beautiful" a guy said, spinning me over to face him.
i could tell the curly head was at least in his 20's.
"um, hi?" i said, dragging out the um.
"are you here alone gorgeous?" the guy with facial hair said curiously.
"no i'm not uh i, im here with some friends—" i corrected, looking around to find rue or something.
i spotted ashtray again, him already looking at me without breaking eye contact.
"lemme have this dance." the same guy said, picking up my hand, trailing it to his neck.
"sure, why not?" i agreed, feeling his hand travel to my waist.

OH, BABY IT'S ALRIGHT, YOU AIN'T GOTTA FLAUNT FOR ME. IF WE GO AND TOUCH, YOU CAN STILL TOUCH MY LOVE, ITS FREE.

we both jumped to the song; timbaland- the way i are. i inhaled the weed rolled into a joint that he offered to me.

him and i continued to dance, his hand traveling to my ass but i didn't care. i was enjoying the feeling of being high and drunk a little too much.

i felt my wrist being gripped by someone, i laid my eyes onto who was holding onto me. ashtray.
"yo fezco said we better leave now if you want a ride." he informed me, furrowing his eyebrows as if he wasn't going to take no for an answer.
"okay. yeah." was all he needed to hear from me to begin yanking me through the many crowds of people dancing.

he took me to where fezco had parked his car.
he stopped in front of fezco's car to look at me. "are you seriously high?" he asked, seeing that i was holding a joint. he quickly snatched it from me and threw it on the ground.
"high and drunk." i replied, laughing as if it was something to be proud of.
he shook his head in disapproval, checking the girl out before turning the alarm off the car.

"get in the back." he demanded as he went to the driver seat to get in. i obeyed, opening the car door then shutting it after i got in.
"wait where's rue??" i asked him, noticing that rue wasn't in the car.
"she's with fez. they'll be back we just gotta be ready." he explained, starting the car while doing so.
"ok." i nodded, placing my chin on the passenger seat.

i was admiring his face while he was looking through the front window waiting for fezco and rue.
"you have a really pretty face." my thought being blurted out.
"what?" he snarled, his full attention on me now.
"did i stutter?" i teasingly said, smiling at the boy who had his hands on the wheel.
"how high do you gotta be to say some dumb shit like that, bro." he questioned me, looking away to hide the fact that he was blushing.
i rolled my eyes, not wanting to verbally respond to him anymore.
i pushed myself back to the seat and waited for fezco and rue to return.

"hey" i felt rue shake my shoulders. i whined at the sight of being wakened up.
"you won't believe the shit that happened in there davina." rue emphasizing on the word shit. i opened one eye before whispering, "can you like.... tell me tomorrow." i pleaded, honesty just wanting to go back to sleep.
"okay then." she answered, backing off from saying anything else.

"yo kid, where we dropping you off?" fezco called out.
"just— just drop me off at rue's." i recalled back to fezco before falling into a deep sleep.