[8]

"davina!" lexi tried to get the girls attention, holding a clip board in her arm.

"hey lexi." lexi catched up to davina, breathing intensely due to the running she did in the stairs in attempt to get davina's attention.

lexi took a deep shaky breath, "hi... have you heard about the play i'm directing?" she went on, following davina to wherever she was headed towards.

"you're writing a play?" davina said in a shocked tone, now standing in front of her locker.

"yeah um- i was thinking and i actually would like you to audition for a part. rue also got a part so maybe if that would convince you to try out, only if you want to though i don't want you to feel forced or anything." she rambled, rapidly blinking from anxiety.

"of course i'll audition lexi." davina confirmed, putting her science notebooks in her locker and locking it up.

"oh wow! okay, i'll send you a text for more information on how to audition then." lexi giggled, tilting her head in excitement.

"alright then— let me know the details." davina approved, sending her the same exciting giggle before going separate ways.

davina's friends were talking about their first kiss, a kiss in which davina hasn't experienced.

"i remember when i had my first kiss; it was josh and it was honestly the best kiss i've ever had." stacey shared, exaggerating the last few words.

the girls were taking turns in sharing their stories, each commenting silly things as they spoke.

"what about you, davina? who was your first kiss?" jessie spoke up, eyeing the awfully quiet girl.

"oh uh- i um- i haven't had my uh- my first kiss yet." davina confessed hesitantly, rubbing her hands on the side of her chair.

"WHAT?!" stacey whisper shouted, surprised that the latina never had her first kiss.

"girl you need to get your first kiss! and now!" rebecca blurted, looking around the class.

the other girls agreed with rebecca. they suddenly started giggling when a bright idea took over their heads.

"alright it's not that fun-" davina protested, looking up at the girls.

"no no no- we just figured who you're gonna get your first kiss from" stacey interrupted, smirking as she wrote down the name of the boy in a piece of paper and handing it to davina.

nico.

"him?!? he doesn't even know who i am." davina reminded, looking over to the curly head boy who had been paying attention to the teacher while taking notes.

"girl- please! that boy is always staring at you in class you just never catch him, but we do." stacey bobbled her head up and down, agreeing with her own self.

"he probably doesn't even stare at me" davina theorized, looking down to her shoes.

"mhm- look at him now." stacey whispered next to the nervous girl's ear.

davina looked up to nicos direction, meeting his brown eyes. he quickly looked away, grabbing his pencil and pretended to write on a paper sheet.

"you see! i knew that boy had a crush on you!" stacey stressed, hitting her hand on her desk.

"ladies am i interrupting something?" the teacher questioned, clearly upset from the distraction.

"no ma'am sorry." stacey apologized for both her and davina.

davina looked down at her legs, blushing from the embarrassment the teacher caused but also because she caught nico staring at her. she found herself overthinking if the boy really did like her or if them making eye contact was an accident.

"davina wait!" nico yelled loudly enough for davina to hear him through the ringing bell.

"oh hey— nico." davina returned back to nico, half smiling at him, shocked because this was the first time nico ever spoke to her.

"hi." nico blurted, losing himself in her eyes.

"hi. what's up?" davina asked, nervously tapping her leg as as she saw her friends from earlier spying on them.

nico snapped to reality, quickly gathering the words in his head, "sorry. i was uh- i heard there was this carnival happening today here after school and i- well i was wondering if you—-if you would like to go with me?" nico choked, hoping the girl he fancied would say yes. 

now the next thing my bestfriend says still pisses me off to this day but hey! i get it, d didn't want to be boy inexperienced. she felt like the odd one out compared to all her friends and what better way to get that feeling out of her system than getting your first kiss— by a, i guess i could say he is a good looking dude or whatever.

"yes, nico. i would love to go with you!"

when school ended davina and rue met near the lunch table area since they were both getting a ride from fezco.

they walked to the main entrance, clinging onto each other as they talked about their day.

"oh! guess what." davina squealed, her cheeks roses up just from remembering the scene of her and nico.

"just tell me." rue said nonchalant, wanting her to get to the point. she hated when people made her guess something because she never guessed right.

davina rolled her eyes, "well— i have a date tonight. with a guy, his name is nico aaaand we are going to the carnival tonight." davina smiled to herself, wanting the hours to pass and get to 7pm; the start of her date.

rue scrunched her eyebrows at the girl, "you on a date? never though i'd see the day." she joked, hopping over a bench to be funny.

davina chuckled, "shut up." she playfully hit rue as they crossed the school exit.

"there's our ride." rue pointed at the car pulling up near the concrete.

rue plopped herself in the front seat, leaving me to sit in the back.

"hey fez! thank you for the ride!" davina thanked, grabbing her headphones from her backpack, untangling them so that she could plug them in her ears.

"you're welcome, kid." was the last thing she heard from fez as she chose a song from her playlist and turned the volume all the way up.

"y'all coming over later?" fezco asked, steering the wheel to make a turn.

"just me." rue corrected, signaling the turns to make at fez.

"what about davina?" fez turnt to look at rue for a split second before turning his attention back to the road.

"yeah nah- she has a date tonight so." rue revealed the reason why her bestfriend wasn't going to be at fez's house later.

"ash ain't gon' be happy knowing that." fez mumbled, sighing at the thought of breaking the news to ash, which he wasn't planning on to.

rue looked over her shoulder, eyeing davina who was closing her eyes, listening to music through her headphones.

fez had mentioned a few days before that ash repeatedly asked questions about davina to him which led to suspicions from both fez and rue.

they never questioned ashtray though, rue and fez assumed that the reason as to why he always brought her up in conversations is because he liked her.

rue turnt away to look forward before replying, "yeah, i know." .

YALL READY FOR THE DATE? 😱😱