[7]

me and rue were currently biking to fezcos's family owned store. i didn't know this until rue randomly told me about it when we were having a smoke sesh.

"fez!! what's good?" rue exclaimed, walking into the store and shaking her hands up in the air.

"yooo rue." he gave the same energy back.

i trailed beside rue, "daaamn fezco nice store you got." i examined the store, walking over to fezco and fist bumping him.

"i ain't even see you behind rue. you tiny, kid." he chuckled, fist bumping me back.

i cringed at his comment but decided to ignore it, "is ash around?" i asked not too loudly.

fezco just simply nudged over to the drinks that were placed behind windows.

i noticed ashtray glaring at me through the glass door behind the drinks.

"hmm i'll be right back then." i muttered, walking away from fezco's, fayes, and rue's view.

"hey." i smiled at the boy who was sitting down.

he stopped counting the 100 bills he had in his hand and looked up at me, "yo." he spat and continued counting.

i swear this boy doesn't know how to start or hold a conversation.

"oh yeah um- here's your hoodie by the way." i swayed my hands that were behind my back and passed him the hoodie he lended me.

"leave it on top of the counter behind me." he instructed, not looking up as he wrote down something on a notebook.

i reached over and placed the neatly folded hoodie on the counter.

i pulled out a chair in front of him and sat down.

i tilted my head, trying to get a good view of what ashtray had been writing down.

'ASH' was written in capital letters at the top.

"you know if rue never told me what ash was short for i would have thought; ashton, but never ashtray." i admitted, chuckling at the boy's name.

"shut up." he joked, sliding his notebook under the desk then turning his attention on me.

"whaaaat? i think it's cool.... unique actually." i confessed, crossing my arms before resting them on the table.

ashtray simply fought the urge to break a smile before speaking up, "who did you come with?" ashtray added.

"i came with rue! i didn't know you and fez owned a store."  i spoke, circling my jeans with my pointer finger.

he hummed in response, "our grandma owns it." he confirmed.

"oh? that's badass." i raised my eyebrows, wondering if their grandma lived with them or something.

i looked to see lexi arrive at the store. fezco's face seemed to lit up at the sight of her... how cute.
rue and faye were watching them as they interacted, or as i'd say: flirting.

my eyes widened as i saw cal jacobs walking around the place. he was clearly speaking to fez about something that neither ash and i could hear.

rue and lexi both seemed frightened meanwhile faye continued inhaling hits of her joint, observing the old man.

i stare back at ashtray who's eyes were fixated directly at fezco and cal.

fezco sent ashtray a look in which he understood and began grabbing a cereal box and digging his hand in it.

i scrunched my eyebrows.

why would a cereal box be relevant in this?

ashtray pulled out a gun from the box, loading it up, waiting for a signal from fezco to take action.

"you're not actually planning on using that, right?" i cleared my throat, trying not to panic from looking the gun.

his silence was enough for me not to continue talking to him, instead my eyes were on cal who reached for his pocket.

the tension that was built in me quickly disappeared when i saw that what cal pulled out was a 5 follow bill.

i sighed heavily, sitting down to slow my heart beat.

"you good?" ashtray said with concern, stashing the gun back inside the box.

"yeah." i gave him a thumbs up, flashing a smile up at him.

"i think ima go home now," i stood up, feeling tired and drained.

"bye ash." i eyed the boy who was half smiling at me.

"bye davina. . . wait" he stopped me, longing to ask me a question.

"yeah?" i paused in my tracks, holding onto the door handle.

"never mind." ashtray shook his head, his shoulders dropped at the disappointment he caused himself.

i giggled at him, "goodbye ash." i left the room, not waiting for a response back.

"where's lexi? i was hoping to say bye to her." i walked to where rue was grabbing her bike which was stationed in the back of the building.

she shrugged her shoulders, "i don't know, she just left after you know."

i breathed, getting on rues bike, wrapping my hands behind her back.

"davina be honest— do you like ashtray" i heard rue say, her hair was all up on my face because of the wind.

"no, what the hell are you even talking about?" i defended, my stomach twisted into knots as she said that.

"i can feel your heart beat from my back you know and it's beating hella fast." she laughed, peddling on her bike.

"no you can't shut up." i blushed, rubbing my cheeks on her back trying to seek warmth.

i shut my eyes as the nice weather hit us both.

THIS ONE KINDA SUCKED BUT BETER ONES ARE ON THE WAY I PROMISE 🤞