[5]

*rue's narrating*
turned out neither fezco or ashtray knew where i lived. which is weird.... because i remember having them at my house once, i think. i don't know man i'm high all the time how do you expect me to remember everything. anyway, after the party me and davina both knocked out and that's exactly how we ended up sleeping in fezco's living room.

10:11 am

i was awakened by the throbbing headache i had, both of my hands found their way to my face, rubbing my eyes as if that would stop the pounding in my head when it only caused me to see little stars in a pitch black place.

i removed my hands from my eyes, my eyes being wide open because i had been rubbing them too much.

i glimpsed over to see someone dozed off on a couch, their arms hanging off, snoring into the pillow.

rue? 

i pulled off the blanket that was on top of me, regarding the fact that we were currently at fezco and ashtray's house. i rose up from the couch just to fall back, not being able to balance myself.

"woah there." i heard a soft voice say. i looked behind me and and saw that it was ashtray making his way towards me with a glass of water and pills.
he took a seat next to me, handing me the water and a pill, setting aside the other for rue.
"here. fez said this will help for the hangover i'm sure you're having." he exclaimed.
"thanks." i mumbled to him, taking the water and pill from his hands, our hands lightly touching for a second, feeling a pit in my stomach after that but decided it was because of the pain i was feeling. not because of the fact we kind of touched hands, no.

i took a sip of water and put the pill in my tounge, swallowing it.
i set the water down at the table next to us, looking at him to thank him once again.

i tried making eye contact but instead he had been looking down. i trailed my eyes down to where his eyes were gazing and realized that the end of my skirt was pulled up. i quickly pulled it down, embarrassed that he was even looking. i put a hand over my face, struggling to conceal the fact that my face was getting red by the minute. he looked away, rubbing the fabric of his pants, embarrassed that he couldn't get himself to look away before the brunette caught him.

i let my hand fall, remembering that it got so quiet after that whole situation.
"thank you for the medicine. my head was really hurting like hell." i thanked him, laying my head against the couch while looking up at him.
he returned a 'you're welcome' by nodding his head, not daring to make eye contact after she saw him looking at her thighs.

i continued to stare at him, causing him to cut the awkward silence, "why you friends with rue, anyway? "ash murmured, thinking of the possible reasons why a girl like her could ever hang out with someone like rue.
"uhh-" i chuckled, confused as to why he brought up the question but appreciating the fact that he was trying to make conversation with me.
"well, rue was the first girl that— noticed me at school, i guess." i shrugged, glancing at rue who was on the verge of falling off the couch then back at ash.

he squinted his eyes at me, "you don't—" my phone ringed, interrupting his sentence.
i grabbed it, unlocking it, seeing that it was my mom calling.
"fuck." i cursed under my breathe.  i got up from the couch, this time being able to balance myself.
"hey uh, look i gotta go home you think you can take care of rue?" i begged, seeing that the boy rolled his eyes i began to add, "please? i really need to go and i don't want to leave unless i know you'll keep an eye out for her." i pleaded.
"it's not like i have a choice." he complained, getting up from the couch to open the door for me.

i picked up my bike that had been here since yesterday, "thanks aaand bye." i smiled, batting my eyelashes at him.
"aight bye." he playfully rolled his eyes, returning a genuine smile before softy shutting the door on me.

i think that might just have been the first time i've seen ashtray smile.

i opened the front door of my house quietly, hoping not to face my mom or dad. or yet worse, both of them.

i walked in to meet with one of the twins watching tv in the living room.
i raised my finger over my mouth, motioning for her not to say a word.
"ouu mama mira quien llego!!" she squealed while holding up the tv remote.

should've known she would have snitched. that little shit.

i froze up as i saw my mom walk in from the kitchen.
she sent me a death glare before speaking up, "en donde chingados estabas? hm? qué tal si algo malo te paso y yo aquí como pendeja no sabiendo donde estas. eh?"
"estaba en la casa de mi amiga." i lied, not making eye contact.

fuck i was really bad at lying and she knew that.

"me quieres ver cara de pendeja o que? pero horita vas a ver con tu papá cuando llegue le voy a decir." she yelled.
i just looked down, acknowledging how badly i screwed up.
"vete a tu cuarto que no te quiero ver." she snapped, walking back into the kitchen.

"ouuu someone's in trouble." melanie laughed.
"ouuu someone's in trouble." i mocked her before running up the stairs, slamming the door once i made it inside my room.

i sighed, hopping onto my bed, rolling myself into a burrito with my blanket.

*rue's narration*
even after all that shit went down with her mom... davina could only find herself thinking about the conversation she had with ashtray and how much she wanted to be able to talk to him again. and that smile, oh that smile she so badly wanted to be the cause of. ugh, my poor davina just might develop a crush on this idiot.