[10]

davina banged on rue's window, scratching her leg as the bushes covering her backyard poked her.

"RUE OPEN U-" she banged once again, stopping as soon as she saw the doped out girl slid open her window.

"what?" rue yawned, walking over to her bed, peeking down at the suite-case that she hid under her bed seconds before so that davina wouldn't be asking questions about it.

"okay! fuck- dude- okay, i kissed nico and uh- fuck okay- while i was kissing him i called him — i called him ash..." davina stuttered out, not being able to properly say her sentence out of embarrassment and shame. she had been in a panicking state on her way to rue's place, riding her bike all wiggly as she replayed what happened at the bleachers.

rue slowly turned her head around, slapping her hand over her mouth in order hold in her laugh. "i'm sorry did i hear that right?" she let a horrific laugh slip.

"not even funny.." davina told herself, letting her back lay flat on rue's messy bed.

"i knew you liked him." rue grinned while positioning herself beside her, nudging her shoulder in a playful matter. she felt proud that her theory had been correct.

" bro oh my goooood i do not." she painfully groaned, slapping a pillow onto her face. davina was in denial of her own feelings. she didn't went to admit she was falling for him. his stupid laugh. his stupid smile. the way he was so overprotective of his brother. the way he made her feel whenever he was around.

"did you give my number or something??" davina thought out loud, now being heard clearly since she hunged rue's pillow up in the air with her hand. "yeah, why did he text you?"

"yeah." davina eyes turned over to look at rue, a smile forming her lips as she took her phone out and twisted her body to lay her stomach on the bed.
she pulled up the unsaved number's messages, quickly saving his name as 'ash 🙄'.

"look what he texted me." davina began, presenting the 3 messages ashtray had sent earlier. rue mentally read the chat, squinting her eyes as she read each message. "what are you gonna text him? are you even gonna texted him back?!"

"obviouslyyyy but ugh i don't know what though." davina speculated on what to respond to the message "wyd?". she asked herself wether she should tell ash what she had been really doing earlier that day.

did i fuck up by telling ash where davina was? what? don't judge me. i thought her first option would be to tell him the truth.

"i know what to say." davina went on, her brain being lit up with a good message to send back. she typed out "sorry i was busy lol but hi ash :))" before turning to rue for approval. davina thought that this message would reveal why she didn't text back early but not the reason why.. hence why she thought it was the greatest idea.

rue slowly nodded, crossing her fingers behind her back in hopes ash doesn't mention that he knew she was on a date. she was the only person davina told that she would be on a date; besides her mother.

davina sent the message, checking the time after; 8:56 pm. "okay well, i gotta go home but— i'll let you know if he says anything else." she picked herself off the bed, she didn't worry much on how many minutes she had until she had to be home. davina lived 2 blocks away from rue. one of the perks she loved about their friendship.

"mhm, goodnight davina." she waved off, which davina shaked it off in a hug. "sleep well rue rue." she cooed into the hug, pulling apart the hug and headed home.

davina peddled home, feeling the wind hit against her skin as ash overfilled her thoughts. she overthought wether she really liked him or not. she didn't hate the idea of liking him, but she did hate the idea of him not liking her back. she peddled faster, not bearing the thought of getting rejected.

"que milagro que regresas temprano." (what a miracle that you came soon.) her mom greeted from across the hall. davina quietly chuckled, slipping off her shoes and twisting her keys off the lock, softly shutting the door right after. "goodnight ma." davina spoke before going up her room.

davina stroked the ends of her blanket, feeling the soft fuzziness between her finger tips. she couldn't get the carnival situation out of her head, she began growing a feeling of cringe as her head forced her to replay the moment.

*flashback*

"what?"

davina froze, still having her arm wrapped around his neck. the girl's heart stopped, immediately wanting to run away from the awkward spot she put herself in. "i-" she choked out, not having an excuse for the fact she had just called her date a different name. a name she knew she shouldn't be thinking of in that way.

"you just called me some other dude's name." he snapped, processing what the girl had just said. he felt humiliated. he yanked her hands off his body, getting up soon after.

"i don't why um- i-" she trailed off, running a hand through her hand in stress. she didn't know what to say to save herself, there was nothing she could say to vanish the awkward tension.

"fuck i'm sorry nico- please." she apologized, following after nico who was angrily walking away.

"go run after your 'boyfriend' 'ash'." he barked loudly, walking away now with speed after sassing her.

davina stopped in her steps, knowing the boy wouldn't hear her out. it's not like she knew what to say anyway, the girl didn't give herself time to think out why she would even think of ash while kissing someone else.

*end of this very awkward moment*

"fuck" she breathed out, gently tapping her forehead with her hand as she tried to think of anything but that. she rolled to the other side of her bed, letting her leg hang out. she soon thought of what rue told her. maybe she did like ash, but the chance of ruining the friendship they formed in such little time scared her.