[11]

davina stuffed many snacks in her brother's used backpack. she was preparing to go to ash's home-he had called her earlier and invited her to come over and watch a movie.

davina yawned, rubbing her eyes over and over again. last night her and ash had stayed on call all night- she even forced him to sleep on the phone with her, he didn't complain much about it though; he was mesmerized with how she talked. they mostly chatted about things they both enjoyed; shared interests.

"hi fez!" she sweetly greeted, tossing the backpack on the couch.

"sup, kid. i got the popcorn ready." fez announced, placing two bowls of popcorn near his laps as he sat down on the floor.

"where's ash?" she asked fez, sitting down as she unzipped the backpack full of snacks. "man i'm right here." her and fez both heard from behind. ash smirked at the brunette, taking the empty seat beside her. "hey." she chirped, smiling at the presence of the boy.

"what's in there?" ash asked, curiously looking down at the used backpack. davina pulled out the snacks she had bought earlier that day. "these are snacks. for the movie." she paused, taking out ash's favorite candy— sour patches. "aaand these are for you." she said proudly, handing the bag to ash who was biting his lip as a tactic to hide his smile.

"thank you." he quietly mumbled. ashtray wasn't used to giving gratitude—especially to someone he liked. davina held her smile at the view of ash stuffing sour patches in his mouth. there wasn't one seconds where davina didn't not smile when she was around ash.

"yo davina, has rue texted you today at all?" fez nonchalantly asked, not taking his eyes off the tv as he searched for the movie they all had planned on watching. "yeah nah i did text her but-i mean she hasn't responded back all day." she answered truthfully, contemplating whether or not this should be a concern. fez hummed in response,"same here, kid. i'm sure she'll come around though."

the trio were halfway into the movie. at least that's what davina and ash thought—thing is, davina and him were never really paying attention to the movie. they were too busy having a conversation on their own as they munched on doritos. they mainly finished off the conversations they held off during calls. wether they were talking about their family history or video games, it didn't matter. she loved every word that came out of him.

"y'all look at this part- hold on." fez laughed, pointing at the screen and looking behind to get a view of the teenagers, expecting them to start laughing at his favorite scene. instead he was greeted with the teenagers not paying attention but rather showing each other memes from their phones. their eyes flickering from ash's phone to to each other spontaneously. he bit his tounge, forcing himself not to call out the tension he sensed from the two. fez honestly liked the idea of ashtray having a friend his own age, maybe something more than a friend too.

"the fuck?" fez blurted out, getting up as he made his way to the door. ash and davina swerved their heads around, trying to get a look at the door view. they both heard someone talking, they couldn't make who was talking until rue speed walked towards the hall, sharing a look with davina who had her eyebrows furrowed.

"yo you alright in there?" fez asked worryingly, eyeing davina and ash who were looking concerned now. "i'm fucking- i'm shitting my brains out- please fez go away." she yelled from the bathroom.

"you want some pepto bismol or someth-" fez offered, "no- fuck! go away." rue hissed. "all right- all right." he spoke in defeat, returning back to the teenagers who kept their eyes glued onto him.

"you should probably check up on her." davina suggested to fez, several minutes had passed and rue still wasn't out of the bathroom. she grew paranoid because of this. "yeah-yeah- alright." he agreed, patting the girls head as he walked past her.

"she alright davina- calm down." ash reassured the worried girl, a reluctant sigh leaving his lips. "yeah but- you never know." she forced a smile as she looked at him, she was grateful to have someone like ash, she knew he would always be there to make her feel better.

"get your fucking hands off me!" rue's scream echoed through the walls, a thud following behind. davina flinched to the loud bang she heard. she jumped up, her first thought being to check on fez and rue.

"no." ash warned, pulling her back down the couch with his hand. he was used to these kind of interactions between them, often keeping an eye out whenever they fought; he knew rue would never intentionally do anything to hurt his brother but, you know.

"nah you gotta get the fuck out the house now!" fez yelled as he struggled locking the drug addict in his arms, dragging her towards the door. somehow rue managed to get out of fez's grip, apologizing as she sprinted to the scared girl, getting down on her knees, "davina please- please tell fez to give me something please- i fucking feel like shit."

davina looked down at her, despising how bad drugs took a toll on her best-friend. she knew the only way to help her was to not give her what she wanted. "i'm sorry rue- i can't help you." she gulped, squeezing onto ash's hand whom he didn't let go.

"are you fucking kidding me?" what so- oh okay- so you against me now? what did these fucking idiots with zero fucking brain cells somehow convince you that i'm crazy or something?!" she theorized, smacking ash in the head.

"don't touch him." davina growled, clenching her jaw as rue began laughing. "what oh- you don't want me hitting the guy that you're so in love with? man, fuck both of you." she mocked herself, turning her back on them before walking down the short stairs.

this ticked davina off, she was consumed by a sensation of anger she had never felt before. a feeling of frustration, betrayal, and hurt all at once. she hated rue at the moment. she wanted to be the one to tell ash her feelings for him; even if she wasn't going to. she squeezed ash's hand one more time, letting go as she got up from the couch, this time ash didn't stop her, he had been in a shock state from rue's words.

davina shoved past fez, yanking rue's arm with all force, taking both her and rue out of fez's property, hearing the door being shut behind her.
rue tripped on herself, grabbing davina for support, "davina i- shit please i didn't mean that- come on i'm sorry i didn't mean it." rue cried out, pulling onto davina's hand.

davina shook her arm until rue finally let go, tears streaming down her face as she tried not to let a sob out. "don't. ever. talk. to. me." she threatened, voice cracks being present as she spoke.