Chapter 30

And I know I could be more creative/ And come up with poetic lines.

-

Arcadia

Noel was awoken by a hard shove, a shove that practically pushed her off the couch that she and Harry were lying on together.

Her first reaction to this was what the fuck? However, it turned to actual concern once she saw him running to the bathroom. Noel followed, of course.

"Harry?" She called out just as she entered the corridor but the bathroom door had already been slammed shut.

He didn't respond but she heard the toilet seat lift up and then the sound of intense vomiting.

"Oh," she muttered out loud and just crossed her arms and she noticed she was only in a large sweatshirt and Harry's sweatpants.

He continued to throw up for the next two minutes, groaning here and there until he stopped. Flushing the toilet, he sat against the wall, wiped his mouth, and tried to catch his breath.

"Harry?" Noel asked quietly, knocking on the door again and the sound alone pissed him off and made his aching head hurt even more.

"Are you okay?" She added a few seconds after he didn't respond.

"Yeah," he breathed, barely allowing her to hear.

"Can I come in?" Her voice was small.

"No," he said right before gagging.

"Well, what's wrong? You didn't drink that much..." This was true. She clearly remembered him having only one drink at every pub. It didn't make sense to be this sick.

He started vomiting again, this time, more. Her heart started to race because how could he be this sick?

"Harry, please open the door. I can help you," she said in between the commotion.

"Noel, just go. I'm obviously hungover and you don't need to be here," she could have been upset with him with how he was talking to her but she knew he was too ill to try and be kind about it.

Still, she couldn't just leave him here.

"Well, I need to stay and make sure you're alright," she shook her head.

"I'm fine, just please go home," His voice was more stern and hostile as he rubbed his face and tried to pretend like he wasn't nauseous.

"But—"

"Noel," another voice came from behind her. Reid. She faced him as he continued, "he'll be alright, you can go."

"He needs to go to the hospital, that's not normal!" She snapped, gesturing her arm towards the door. They could hear him vomiting again.

"He's been through this before, he'll be fine, I promise," He spoke calmly.

Now she felt both confused and sad. She didn't like that he couldn't tell her what was wrong, because clearly, Reid knew as he made this seem like a typical situation. But, it wasn't to Noel and it was pissing her off that she couldn't stay to get an answer.