Chapter 31

Hi lovelies. Please show some love by voting and commenting <3

Sweet like candy / But he's such a man

-

Arcadia

The first thing Harry asked Noel the next day when he dropped her off at work was: "Will you go on a date with me?"

To which, she smugly replied, "Sure." Of course, she was dying inside because this was her first date since Damien, which was horrendous. Well, not that the two were comparable in the slightest. She actually had feelings for Harry– loved him.

God, she could repeat that in her head all day.

But, she couldn't lie, as soon as those words slipped from her mouth yesterday, she felt as if she'd regret them. The last time she told a boy she loved him, she got screwed over in the worst way a hormonal 17-year-old girl could.

Admitting her feelings to Harry, in a way, was not a choice. It was as if they slipped out without a second notice and her heart, for the thousandth time since she met this man, was stronger than her mind which she thought could hold back the weight of the thousand-pound brick that was him. But, no. Her heart betrayed her every time.

And there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.

So, here she was. Blushing and cheesing with her best friend, Caitlin, about what to wear.

"Are you sure he didn't say where he was taking you?"

"I would've remembered, Cait, I told you this," Noel rolled her eyes as she was being zipped up. She'd spent hours with Caitlin at the mall after work trying to find a new outfit because she was sure Harry had seen everything in her closet by now.

This dress was more simple than the others, by that, it wasn't one for clubbing. It was more so of casual elegance. The dress was a long sleeve bodycon with a turtle neck and sheer, tight sleeves.

"How are you doing your hair?" Caitlin asked once they adjusted the outfit with ankle-strap suede heels.

"Are there not a dozen rollers in my hair right now?" Noel chuckled.

"I grew up with five brothers. I honestly thought you were moisturizing your hair with those things."

"Jesus," Noel laughed as she began taking off the rollers. After more banter with her, apparently oblivious friend, she looked at herself in the mirror as she adjusted her loose curls which became big luscious waves that rested below her shoulders.

"You're so beautiful, I hate it," Caitlin fake cried and Noel laughed, turning around to face her best friend.

"And you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, I hate it," Noel pouted and leaned in to hug Caitlin.

The two embraced for an emotional few seconds until Caitlin spoke first.

"You're nervous. Stop being nervous," the girl pulled away.

"Because we've never gone on a proper date. I know how to hang out with him but not date him, you know?"

"Look, I know how you feel. If it gets awkward, just remember: you love each other, the hardest part is over already. If you need anything, go to the bathroom and text me, alright?"

Noel gulped nervously and nodded, "Okay... Okay, you're right."

And before her friend could respond, they both heard a knock at the door.