Chapter 12

The two boys sat unusually quiet in the backseat while Roxanne sat in the passenger seat, the driver had a thin layer of cold sweat from the dangerous aura she was emitting. 

Once they reached the main house gate she got off and slammed the door in process.

her: 'a shame to my collection if it cannot withstand more' 

them: 'young miss is so scary (T-T)'

Seeing his daughter's cloudy face Aurum's back straightened. Just who does he have to ruin?

She said nothing and strode to her office/study on the ground floor and banged the door close. 

Seeing his sons following in right after looking sullen, he had an inkling the people he has to beat are right in front of him. 

"what did you two do?" Aurum sighed

"how conveniently dad assumed it was us who was the culprit" Loman grumbled 

"is it not true?" Grandpa Black laughed 

"grandpa" they greeted with a bow and received a nod. 

"so, what made my granddaughter eat chili so early in evening?"

"well..." Loman left the recounting of events to Cain tacitly and slumped on the sofa. 

"You know how she is about car accidents since the day I almost lost my legs and you both" Aurum rubbed his forehead 

"How about you? where are you injured?" he motioned for a servant to get the family doctor walking over. 

"They were in the immuno car, thankfully, and got muscle pains from the resultant force" Roxanne explained coming out with two small spheres.

She crouched down to the level of Loman's right leg and pressed two point behind his knee. 

"What the fu-" 

*glares*

"-fudge, did you do? I can't feel my leg!" Loman yelped

"keep shut, and you, sit down next to him" she pointed at Cain. He was horrified hearing that Loman could not feel his leg and obediently sat down.

Roxanne took the two metal spheres and pressed them close to the ankle bones of Loman's leg, he could feel a tinge shoot up even after numbness, it must be ten times more painful otherwise. 

His wince turned guilty. 

Roxanne rolled the balls there for a few minutes and then proceeded to press another point on the calf, she did not stop and pressed two more points on the calves. 

Loman could basically feel the blood rushing to his legs again and sighed in relief before speaking

"the pain is gone" 

"of course it is." Roxanne scuffed up her shirt and did similar movements on Cain's left arm tp relieve the pain. 

the (forgotten) family doctor: "..." my job (TnT).

"the slight uncomfortableness will go after a night's sleep" she stood up dusting her pants.

"I heard that there was an accident" Mexie rushed in fervently patting the two seated boys' faces with worry. 

Roxanne just turned cold,

'it could have been me too' 

the thought was not voiced as she briskly walked away, Grandpa Black felt something was wrong but thought to not make the girl feel exposed. 

"It could have been Roxanne too, you know." Loman's scoff made Mexie turn around just in time to see Roxanne's study closing shut. 

She bit her lips, she did it again. 

"don't bother anymore" Cain stopped her from going over and knocking with a dry voice,

their mother and other father had been terrible to Roxanne, which in their teenage years they realised. Their own attitudes towards them changed because of this.

In the initial stages of their childhood, Aurum was a very busy man trying to exceed his father in the business field. There were a lot of doubts about letting a family man with two mates and three children take over the business that was at its peak stage then. He had to prove to a lot of people his capabilities and thus, had less time at home. Maxie, then was still studying the extra course to take over her parents' magazine business so was mainly at home with Callum who had taken a three-month break from acting after the children were a year old. 

Roxanne's photographic memory was discovered when she learned to speak and asked Mexie about the meaning of 'forever'. Her brothers could barely spell ABC's by then. 

Of course, the Black family had mixed feelings about the news.

Aurum felt as though having this capability would make his little girl grow up too fast, all while not remembering him actively in her childhood. 

Mexie was overjoyed listening to people call her a miracle giver, she wanted to make Roxanne use the full capacity of this ability and bring her even more pride. 

Callum was afraid the boys would feel neglected because of the focus on their sister. 

Lastly, grandpa Black's reaction was to just smile sympathetically, after all his father also had a photographic memory, looks like it skipped two generations this time. His father expressed the ability to be both a curse and blessing.

One would remember anything from birth to the present moment, from every time their mother scolded them to their first heartbreak extremely vividly. They were extra sensitive to everything because they will remember what it feels like at the moment, till their last breath. 

Then again, they never will fail to make a name for themselves during their best days and will be rewarded as prodigies of some sort. 

Roxanne started facing the cold shoulder from Callum after they recognized her ability and put the 'thing' as something to be hated in her childish mind because it made her father hate her. 

Callum at one point was genuinely forgotten about what seeing his daughter's happy face was like. 

Mexie had just kept pushing Roxanne to everything a mere five-year-old would never be seen doing, when Roxanne complained or cried in exhaustion, she would be yelled at so she took on everything with a practiced bright smile. 

Aurum had begun to notice the lack of innocent childishness in Roxanne when at night he would go to the triplet's room to tell them bedtime stories. Roxanne would always be the first one to seek comfort.

Her brothers also actively cuddled her in the middle when sleeping because they often saw their mom making her do very heavy-looking books. When they saw Roxanne crying they would even sneak in some sweets for her to cheer her up. Their other dad (Callum) always gave them sweets when they were sad and then they magically felt happy. 

Roxanne remembers every single day she saw her own small hands being red from over-exertion and dark circles under the eyes of a child.

She still remembers the cold glances of her supposed father (Callum) whose eyes turned so very warm when looking at her brothers.

She very well remembers the crushing force on her heart when Aurum was working too late to tell them bedtime stories, that day she would cry and her brothers would coax her with sweets. 

She also very well remembers the time during her pre-teens when she realized that other than smiling brightly to appease her mother, she had forgotten something for the very first time.

She had forgotten her emotions. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a sad one, a had a small lump in my throat when writing this so I really wish some of my readers shed a few tears nyufufufu. 

No skit cuz I have to solve past board papers :,) 

ps. maths sucks.