Chapter 13 (TW)

A/N: wrote (TW) before risky paras and made them in italics to make it easier to skip forward :)

It is not unusual for Roxanne to stay inside her room, refusing all forms of contact once a month for a week at most in a row. 

But, she had five people who the world classified as 'the most important', she could not do that anymore. 

It was a struggle to get out of bed, she had not slept a wink last night only sketching under the dim lights. A newly filled sketchbook was clutched in her hand.

Her thoughts were really running wild, right now, she was volatile and she knew it. 

(TW)

Of course, it was her time of the month but she did not have ordinary mood swings. One moment she would want to crash down and sleep and the other she would want to just end herself and everything because of the splitting headache she would get.

These three days, she had literal voices in her head yelling and yelling. She would get no sleep and would not have an appetite. 

Her weight dropped by 4 kgs usually, on worse days 6 kgs. 

'stop it. stop it. stop it' 

her nails dug into her skull and her jaw clenched. She has to go to work today dammit. 

When Cain saw Roxanne's eyebags he bit his inner cheeks.

(TW)

There were a lot of times he had come really close to losing his sister during these episodes of hers. It had caused some real trauma for him, Loman, and Aurum because they had firsthand seen her trying to attempt suicide. 

Nevertheless, he had no idea why she came out of her room, all dressed up but he was not about to comment either way. It would be better if she were under his watch or have anybody around her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Roxanne...your mates are here to see you. Should I send them in or away...?" Zerithia asked keeping her voice low and soothing. 

She did not know what happens to Roxanne every month during her monthly times but she has very clearly seen how the brothers and her (good) father-in-law treated Roxanne like a glass doll. 

She has also noticed the concerningly dark eyebags on the girl and how she would refuse anything and everything. She saw the brothers and Aurum as surprised as everybody on the breakfast table when she came out looking so haggard but still maintaining her usual composed air. 

"...just one minute" Roxanne fumbling was a very unusual sight which made Zerithia a bit incredulous when she pulled out some foundation and applied it swiftly under the eyebags. 

Her vibrant eyes were still dull but Roxanne made it look natural with her flat eyebrows and pale skin. 

"you can send them in now" she laid back in her chair. 

In about five minutes Helixiar, Rolkan and Abel came in. 

Looking at the slight question in Roxanne's eyes Rolkan let out a rare smile from his ever scowling face 

"Holwen and Zolekh were called in for a meeting. They were very reluctant" he snickered remembering the absolutely furious look the so-called 'charming princes' had on their faces. 

Roxanne could only nod a little dumbly, how could she forget the people in front of her are also very busy. 

"Don't worry, we always make time for each other every day, it's not a bother" Abel quickly added seeing a dazed look on the younger girl.