Chapter 15

Roxanne left herself to be dolled up by Zerithia and Loman. 

Loman neatly executed a winged red eyeliner while Zerithia pulled Roxanne's smooth hair in a princess braid formation, two thick braids met in the middle of the back skull with the rest of the hair flowing down freely. 

Zerithia even added a black rose clip at the junction of the two braids. 

After a struggle, Loman was allowed to take off the multiple ear piercings and hang the main one. The earring was studded diamond with curled silver tassels. The diamond stud was connected to a silver snake that coiled along the bridge of the ear like a cuff. The other side did not have a snake figure, just a diamond stud with curled silver tassels. 

The dress Roxanne was fit into was a black silk dress which she had no idea when Zerithia bought for her. 

The upper body was fit in ruffled silk in a top skirt-like manner, the dress hung on the bony shoulders with frail spaghetti straps. 

The lower part was much like a mermaid tail dress but the material at the end was much less flow-y than in the original mermaid tails. 

Loman wanted to even add a red fur coat on but Zerithia refused

"we still need to give the host some face" 

Why she said that was because Roxanne coupled with Loman had managed to convince Cain and Zerithia to completely revolt against the dress code. 

The invitation said the dress code was white, 

"how frosty" Loman had sneered when reading it. 

But Roxanne was adamant on not wearing white, first reason was that she barely owned any white, all her formals were either blood red, royal blue, or black. 

Second, no way in hell was she going to give face to the pest of the Frost family.

Zerithia had also dressed in a black off-shoulder ruched satin corset bodycon dress. She looked hotter than flames if Roxanne had anything to say. 

"for giving ourselves face" Roxanne had reasoned to wearing the complete opposite of the colour theme. 

Loman was dressed in a black suit, the same as Cain. The only difference was that Loman's tie was also black but Cain kept his tie white. Loman also refused to fasten the top button because it made look like a 'stick in the mud', Cain was too exasperated to say anything, and Zerithia liked the look. 

Finally, Roxanne herself strapped on some platform heels, also black in color. She had no speck of shades close to white except her natural platinum hair. 

Aurum was also roped into being a delinquent of sorts but he managed to convince Roxanne that he should at least wear a white undershirt in his suit. Roxanne had reluctantly agreed.

Roxanne had not bothered with Mexie or Callum so they were dressed according to the white theme. 

Naturally, when the genetically blessed and richest family stepped in the ballroom the Frosts had booked for the banquet, all eyes turned to look at them. All of them contained emotions of respect and some confusion. 

Most people in the higher circle knew about Roxanne and Loman's dislike for the young lady of Frost family, and were even expecting the two to not show up at all. 

Roxanne and Loman were not exactly known as docile, in fact Roxanne had a very intimidating reputation in front of even the old players of business. 

She did double the market value of the Stygian group in the just a few months after takeover, moreover, all her investments brought back profits. Some lower businessmen even called her 'the golden finger'.