chapter 25

Cain and Loman were the tensest since the five have known them. It was a very unusual sight on the prankster of the family aka Loman. However, Roxanne's eyes were just squinted on the red curtain in front of them as the first item for the auction was revealed. 

"Esteemed guests, we have altogether ten items that are available for sale so starting off with a bang, we have a blue diamond necklace set crafted finely and blindingly clear! The bidding starts from 500 thousand pounds!" 

Just as the anchor finished, a hand in the crowd went up 

"550 thousand pounds" 

"Mr Rhardine for 550 thousand pounds! 550 one, 550 tw-" 

"650 thousand pounds" Abel bid sitting beside Helixiar lazily 

"650 one, 650 two, 650--" 

"700 thousand pounds" the same Mr Rhardine retaliated and Roxanne could basically hear the desperation in his voice and gave Abel a side eye only to see him smirking, oh so it was a personal grudge. 

"700 one, 700 two, 700 three and the blue diamond set goes to Mr Rhardine!!" 

Whispers rang out among the crowd as everybody knew Abel could have trashed the guy by bidding a higher amount which would not have made a single dent on the wealth of his family.

"just why are you like this." Helixiar's sentence was not posed as a question at this point because she was aware of his ever so petty nature when it came to the rich. 

"the second precious item is one of deeply creative and magical crafting, the Chinese imperial revolving vase. An excellent gift choice if you ask me starting from 33.3 million pounds!"

"44.4 million pounds" Abel's voice was the first and the most immediate one to speak out, after all, he still needed a gift for his mom, and competing is too much of an annoyance so just set the bar sky-high?  naturally. 

(a/n: i know im making rich people sound outrageous but its a book and im not rich so consider it social injustice lol) 

"44.4 one, 44.4 two, 44.4 three, and it's sold to Mr. Wood!" 

Roxanne could see Abel smugly looking back at the Rhardine person and mockingly making tipping the hat off gesture, honestly this man -.- 

By the sixth item Roxanne had basically dozed off, the process was the same and they did not have anything she had not seen before, she kind of regretted coming to this thing. Rolkan had a small smile on his face seeing the drowsy face of his mate, he wanted to get something for Reneste's birthday but he knew his brother would rather have a street side shop gift than anything that had been offered till now. 

"now we have something for the younger generation, the Bugatti La Voiture Noir! starting from 15 million pounds!" 

"17 million pounds" the female voice shocked the almost the entire hall as it rang out low but loud enough. 

"18 million pounds" the male voice countering shocked the entire hall except the frowning Roxanne

"sorry love, but Reneste's gonna love this" Rolkan's cheeky voice reached Roxanne as he swept his own hair back with a grin

"which is precisely why I am going to gift it to him" even Roxanne's eyes narrowed as she sat up straighter 

"20 million pounds" her voice rang out and Cain just rolled his eyes at the pair 

"25"

"35" 

"40" 

"45"