chapter one

Rain, water that falls from the paradise of vapor that floats up into the atmosphere, just to return to the earth beneath our feet. Fluffy white clouds gradually become the dark grey monsters that outstretch for miles on end. It calms the mind, the rapid pitter patter of the water droplets landing on a rooftop. The booming zha of a speedy downpour surprised the people walking down the street. One by one, a wide range of colorful umbrellas popped up, protecting the owner from getting drenched in the cool fresh water from the sky. For most, it was an unforced coincidence, but for the blond haired boy, it was delightful.

"First downpour of the spring." The blond haired boy softly muttered, he stood watching as the liquid hit the ground with thuds. He stood under a small rose colored umbrella that hung above a coffee shop's entrance. He was drenched by the heavy downpour that unexpectedly arouses out of the blue.

"Forgot my umbrella at home, I can run and get soaked or stay here till it stops." He relayed his options. To him the staying dry option seemed more appropriate, the white shirt he was wearing when becomes wet doesn't act like a shirt at all. The way it sticks uncomfortably to your skin is an annoying sensation, along with the fact that it doesn't cover anything up. It would be just as embarrassing as running around town shirtless.

He heard the splish splash of footsteps running in puddles, he turned to see a man. He wore the same white shirt and jet black pants, meaning they most likely attended the same academy. The stranger's hair reminded him of grass, the way it protruded upwards made him appear to be some sort of moss man. Not like he would ever say that to his face.

"Rains coming down heavy, mind if I stay here for a while?" The moss haired man asked, his breathing was heavy and unsteady like he just got done running a marathon on a hot summer day.

"Sure, I don't mind." The blond haired man responded. He took a pack of cigarettes from his pants pockets and lit one with a small flame. Smoke rose from the stick and flew off in the air, where it seemingly vanished.

"Your smoke is blowing in my face." The moss man remarked as he attempted to swat away the fume of the smoke. "That's not my problem, if you don't like it find somewhere else to stand." He blew a puff of smoke out of his mouth which few in the green haired man's direction.

"Are you trying to aggravate me?" The man asked with a small tint of confusion in his voice. He wasn't sure what he did to tick the blondie off but there was something he could tell for certain, he didn't like a thing about this guy.

"Depends, is it working?" The curly eyebrowed man asked, blowing another smoke cloud into the other's face. He was always quick to pick pointless confrontations that led to him getting hurt or even getting suspended from campus. It was a bad habit of his that he couldn't seem to shake.

"That argumentative ego you have is almost as out of whack as your curly eyebrows." The moss head snickered, just the thought of his spiraled eyebrows tickled his laugh.

Sanji was about to argue back when something caught his eye. A bright blue umbrella was tumbling down the road towards where he was. A lucky coincidence he supposed, he would be able to get home faster with one. His eyes intently watched as the wind carried it his way. A little more.

It tumbled on the sidewalk, flying a small amount before submitting to gravity wishes and returning to the ground. It was just out of reach, one more push and he would be home free. He reached out his hand to grasp the hilt, but just before he could reach someone got it before him.

"To slow." The green haired man taunted him as he walked out onto the pouring sidewalk with a cover to make sure he wouldn't get touched by the rain. This unfortunate circumstance made noticeable flames of anger light up in the curly brows eyes.

"Hey come back here, that was supposed to be mine damn it!" He yelled after the grass man. But after all his chanting he wasn't able to make the man come back, he was once again stuck alone in the down falling. He had never allowed someone to walk away from an unfinished argument without someone stepping in to stop him. It made his blood boil. The next time they met he wouldn't get off so easily.

To Be Continued...