chapter eleven

Sanji's POV
At the party...

I had arrived at the place Luffy's party was supposed to take place. I swung the door open and allowed myself inside, the hall was long consisting of doors with numbers on them. I approached door number two and knocked on the wood, inside went silent and the door slowly opened. Luffy's eye peeked through the crack as a bright smile lit up his face.

"Sanji, you came!" Luffy cheered, he backed up allowing me to enter the loud room. "Wouldnt miss it," I muttered, as I stepped into the room I glanced around at the swarms of people. The room wasn't that big, it was the same size as a classic living room. There was a booth with a bunch of people sitting on it chatting away.

I made my way over and sat down at the table when I saw someone I recognized. "Nami-swan, I didn't know you would be here!" She looked stunning in her crimson dress and ruby earnings. "Oh, Sanji good to see you again." She smiled which made my heart flutter.

"Mind if I sit here?" I politely asked, she gave me a slight nod and I sat down. A few minutes passed and I was offered a cup, the stench of alcohol drifting out of the glass. I really couldn't hold my liquor well without passing out. But it couldn't hurt to just have a glass.

I took a sip from the frothy drink and then went back to glancing around the room. That's when someone caught my eye, why is he here. The green moss hair stuck out like a sour thumb. He was just entering the room, I watched as he made his way to the corner of the studio.

I was hoping that I would forget all about the situation with him. He wore a black suit with a white shirt underneath and jet black pants. It would be a fair assumption to say that the suit looked good on him. As I was unconsciously staring his eyes wandered to mine. My face heated up with embarrassment and I turned my attention to the small stage where people were singing their hearts out.

"The gentleman came to the party after all." I turned my attention to the raven haired woman who sat down across from me. "Hello, Robin-chan." I greeted her with a smile. "What a lovely storm." She pointed out, that it wasn't as lovely as I would have hoped, thunder was erupting followed by a distant flash of lightning.

About an hour had passed and the party showed no sign of dying down. One after another kept going onto the stage. I began to feel extremely exhausted, I didn't get much sleep due to the little incident at the coffee shop. On top of that, I had a massive headache from the booze.

I wasn't sure how I was going to manage to get back to him considering that I couldn't see straight anymore. I needed to leave before this got any worse.

I was about to stand until I saw Luffy approaching the table I was sitting at. "This a good party or what!" He chuckled, helping himself to the open seat next to Robin-chan. "Hey Sanji, you haven't sung yet." Luffy pointed out.

"Yeah I know, I should be getting home though I haven't found time to feed my cat his dinner." I stood from the chair barely able to stand on my two feet. I swayed back and forth a few times until I managed to take my first step toward the door.

"You sure you're okay Sanji?" Luffy questioned in a confused tone. In complete honesty no I wasn't okay, but there was no way I could bother him with that. "Yeah I'm fine just had a little too much to drink is all, I should be fine once I get outside," I reassured him, my eyes glimpsed over to the corner of the room where the moss head was standing- wait where did he go? Must have left the party already.

I was able to get the hang of walking again, like a toddler who was just learning how to walk. I made it outside where I popped open my umbrella. The combination of the rushing water falling from the sky and the darkness in which I was walking, presented itself to be a more than challenging walk.

Trees lost most of their leaves to the storm's wind. I was doing pretty good so far, I hadn't fallen yet so things are going pretty good. "Hey shitty eyebrows, what the hell are you doing." I heard the moss mans voice call out to me. In the midst of trying to locate where the voice came from I began to lose my balance.

I brought one leg forward and ended up stepping on something slippery which led to my downfall. I slipped, plummeting towards the wet concrete sidewalk. I just gave up and accepted the fact that I would be soaked in rainwater, if I tried to catch myself I would look like a fool doing so.

I shut my eyes and braced for impact when I felt something strange. Something wrapped around my hand, preventing me from falling any further. Whatever it was holding me up with ease.

"Shitty eyebrows you alright?" My eyes darted open and immediately locked with his. It was an awkward moment for us, both not knowing what to say or do in that situation. There was one thing, I knew even though I didn't hit the floor I was soaked. Somehow I let go of my umbrella when I was falling.

To Be Continued...