chapter three

Sanji's POV
End of the school day

The end of the day had slowly crept up on me, the whole day I was putting logs on the fire. Everything the marimo did was now labeled annoying. From the way he jotted down every little thing the teacher said, to how he drew tiny faces on his erasers. During break time, he asked Luffy about something before returning to his seat.

Slowly, he began creeping into my life like a parasite who had just found a new living host. Luffy and I usually walk together after school, so that would be the perfect time to plan out how I was going to lure moss man into fighting me.

"Class dismissed, remember to read pages 25-31." Red haired teacher shut his textbook signaling that his role as a teacher was diminished. Everyone crowded the door. The halls were like a river of students, each trying to get out of the building as fast as they could.

I manged to get though the swarm of people and get outside of the building, but then remembered I forgot my umbrella back in the classroom. Trying to get back to the classroom was as hard as a surfer going against a mighty wave.

It took way longer to get back to the room than it did to get out. Once I managed to get to the entrance of the class, all the lights were already off. I tugged on the door with all the strength I had, but it wouldn't budge. There was no hope of getting back in.

"Looks like you having trouble, aren't you curly brows?" My head turned towards the sound of the moss man's voice. He was walking beside Luffy, who wore a candy cane striped raincoat with bright yellow buttons. Hey, I recognize that umbrella.

"Oh, no you don't, I'm not going to let you steal my umbrella a second time!" I shouted, it was the same light purple umbrella that I had brought. There was no way it was a coincidence that we both brought the same color umbrella.

"Give it back." I attempted to snatch it away from him, but his foot swayed and managed to dodge me. I shot a death glare in his direction, which he just snickered at. "I don't know what you're talking about." He shrugged his shoulders with the same cocky grin smudged across his stupid face.

"Stop arguing you two," Luffy ordered. "Can't you two just share the umbrella? That would fix both of your problems!" He exclaimed in his usual optimistic tone. For once his words sounded helpful, in any other circumstance they would have been valuable.

But there was no chance in hell that would happen, that was something that couples did when they're walking on the streets on a rainy day, not two people who loathed each other.

"I'm fine with it, as long as I get to hold the umbrella." Zoro's words caught me by surprise. Figuring that he would walk a little faster and I would get soaked by the falling water. Yet, what other option did I have?

"Don't pull anything funny." I couldn't stand the sight of him five minutes ago, and now somehow I winded up in this mess. All three of us gathered outside the front of the building. The light purple umbrella popped open.

"Come on guys, hurry!" Luffy yelled back at us as he pranced around in the rain. Splashing into every puddle that dared stand in his path. I couldn't help but think this situation was peculiar. The moss head motioned with his hand for me to get under the umbrella.

I was a little hesitant at first, but figured it was my only way of getting home, so I did. It sucked, we both barely fit under it. When we began walking the situation proceeded to get worse.

"Stop moving the umbrella, you're getting me all wet." I was better off without an umbrella, running all the way home would have made much more sense. Now I'm stuck under an umbrella with this guy.

"If you keep your distance from me of course you would get wet." Our shoulders brushed up against one another, I felt like I was going to lose my mind. This guy was getting on my last nerve.

"This is my street, see ya later you two!" Luffy waved back to us as he sprinted down the street. It was bad enough that we were stuck with one another, now we were stuck together alone. This was my chance, if I fought him now no one would interfere.

"Hey, if you stand there like that you're going to get soaked dumbass." That was the last insult that this guy was going to say to me. I was about to confront him when his hand snaked around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his body. I could feel the warmth radiating off him. What was with this guy?

I slapped his hand off my shoulder. "Don't belittle me asshole, I'm not a child." I reminded him, earning a small snicker from his lips. "Sure you're not." After that, I told him where to go to get to my house, but every time I told him he would go the opposite direction. It was like he had no sense of direction at all.

It was a pretty awkward walk home, both of us didn't attempt to start up any sort of conversation. When we got to my house I ran to the front door and slammed it shut behind me. I couldn't figure out why I didn't fight him when I had the chance to. I hated him, didn't I?

To Be Continued...