chapter four

Sanji's POV
Back at his house

I can't stop thinking about him. Every time I attempt to concentrate on something else, my mind would revolve back to his stupid face. Homework was especially hard to focus on. My mind kept wandering away from my reading and back to him.

An hour went by and I had only managed to get through three pages. Couldn't even focus on listening to the rain hit the window, he was messing with my head. At this rate, I won't be able to get anything done.

Listening to the rain was relaxing, but not when all I could think about was the moss head. The soothing small thuds the droplets made on the window were peaceful. Until there was a louder thud against the glass. It sounded like a pebble had hit the glass. 

"What the hell?" I glanced down at the saturated grass to see there was a taller piece of grass, holding a black umbrella and in his other hand, held my light purple one. I opened my window to see what he wanted when a small rock hurled past my face and into my textbook. Dampening the page, turning them a light grey color.

"We're not in some stupid teenage romance, you could have knocked on the door!" I shouted down to him, annoyance sounded in my voice. I didn't want to see him. Another rock came in through my window, landing on the floor this time. "While you're at it, stop throwing rocks," I added.

"Be grateful, I came to return your umbrella, the least you could do is say thank you, I had to walk all this way." His words were like shards of glass. This idiot doesn't understand what the words thank you mean.

"Why should I have to thank you, you're the one who took it in the first place!" This guy was trying to aggravate me, this was payback for the first time we met.

"Do you want it back or not?" I slammed my window shut, surprised that it didn't crack. I marched down the stairs and unlocked my front door to see him already standing there.

"Give it." He looked down at the umbrella, then back at me, like he was expecting a reward for saving the lost umbrella. I was on my last string of restraint from throwing the first punch. His cocky expression was driving me over the edge. "What?" I asked, keeping my last remaining composure intact.

"Say it." He repeated, I felt like I was in the middle of partaking in a hostage ransom. If I didn't comply with his demands, I would never again get to see my purple umbrella again.

"Thank you." I softly spoke, he looked as if suddenly he had become deaf. "What was that? I couldn't hear you over the rain." He's going to be dead later. I grabbed my umbrella from his hands and slammed my door in his face. I heard his shoes against the wet concrete getting farther away.

Did he come all this way just to give me my umbrella? I ran up the stairs and back to the window that he was tossing rocks in. The black umbrella drifted down the sidewalk. I couldn't understand why he took my purple umbrella in the first place, or why he wanted to walk with Luffy. Nothing was adding up.

To Be Continued...