chapter two

Sanji's POV
The following morning

I managed to get home after a lovely angel was able to lend me her umbrella. Apparently, she had two and saw I was in need of one, so she allowed me to borrow one of hers. What a generous woman, the next time fate brings us together I should invite her to dinner at a fancy restaurant.

My thoughts roamed around the gorgeous woman, I softly stroked my cat's hair as she rested in my lap. She was an orange cat with the most adorable white puffy hair sticking out of the feline's chest. She was purring ever so softly, her eyes remained closed with a pleased look on her face.

"Sorry whiskers, I have to go, I can't afford to be late." I picked up the cat and held her in my arms before returning her to the couch cushion. The feline meowed in protest to me leaving, but before she could even leave the couch I was already out the door.

I slammed the door shut behind me and I let out my umbrella before walking out into the wet street. Once I entered the classroom, the professor greeted me and asked me to take my seat.

It's not like any of this was new. It was April, so school began at the beginning of the month. Considering that it was now the last week of the month, most of the new students were still getting to know how everything worked.

I took a seat at my normal spot near the window and sat my bag on the floor next to me. Right away, I glanced out the window. It was covered in fallen raindrops that glimmered thanks to the small amount of sun that beamed through the storm clouds.

I took my notebook and pen out of my bag, in case I needed to write something down. The relaxing sound of falling doors of water was drowned out by the pointless small talk of the other students. I clicked the pen, focusing on the small clicks it made.

The wind picked up, whipping the trees around in different directions. Their branches wiggled and some small twigs came loose and unattached themselves from their host. Leaves, grass, moss? I think there's something I'm forgetting?

"Settle down everyone, I would like you all to meet our new student." Our professor, Shanks announced making the entire class go silent. The new classmate didn't interest me in the slightest, until.

"Hello, my name is Zoro." That voice, my eyes shot to the front of the classroom, glaring at the green haired man that stood next to the professor. Shanks glanced around the room before his eyes landed on a seat in the front row.

"I'll have you take a seat there." He pointed to the opened seat a few desks up from where I sat. Zoro nodded before proceeding to his desk when he spotted where I sat. He had a sort of cocky grin smeared across his face. There was a flash of lightning from outside the window, followed by a roaring boom.

My eyes burned into the back of his dumb looking moss head. Observing how he pulled out a pencil and paper before sitting his backpack on the floor. While his hand was still in between the rows, he held up his middle finger, flipping me off from afar.

Is this guy serious? The whole lecture I couldn't focus on what the teacher was talking about. The only thing running through my mind is how I eagerly awaiting a fight, and lunch was the perfect opportunity. Most students would wander around during the short time, so it was the only chance I would get.

The bell sounded, and the students began taking my their lunches out of their bags. I was getting ready for the confrontation, figuring it would be fun to see that smartass grin wiped off his face. I began hearing the flopping sounds of flip flops running across the classroom were a familiar sound, telling me it was lunchtime.

"Sanji! Did you bring any of your delicious cooking today?" His classmate yelled from across the room. Waving his hand in the air while having a joyful grin stretched across his lips. Every day he asked for food and every day I would bring him some.

I enjoyed sharing my cooking expertise with others. Not like I had anyone at home to cook for. I took the small container that read 'Luffy' out of my bag and handed it to him. Every time I admired his joyous expression, the way his eyes lit up made the time I put into making it worth every second.

"Thanks, Sanji you're the best!" Luffy cheered before taking a seat in the empty chair next to me. He reminded me of a dog, if you fed the creature it would come back in search of more, and then progressively down the line may become your friend. "So Sanji, what's your deal with Zoro? The whole time Shanks was talking, you were glaring at him." Luffy inquired, after using a pair of chopsticks to shove a piece of sushi in his mouth.

"He's an asshole who needs to be put in his place," I remarked, getting a glimpse of his seaweed hair out of the corner of my eye. The marimo sat alone in the front of the class resting his head on the palm of his hand. "He flipped me off in the middle of class and that's not the worst part, that asshole stole an umbrella from me. That dumbass left me in the middle of the street." As I spoke, my eyes didn't leave the back of his idiotic looking grass hair.

"Sounds rough," Luffy murmured, taking a bite of the onigiri that was packed into the container. "Why don't you just talk to him? Zoro'snot such a bad guy once you get to know him." He added, catching my full attention.

"You've talked to him before?" Luffy nodded in response. "We met at one of my parties, he's Nami's friend." I decided I was going to fight him here and now. However, before I could even get out of my seat, the teacher strolled back into the classroom.

"Damn it, I miss my chance," I whispered under my breath. I returned to looking out the window. The rain puddles took over most of the grassy bits of land. It began looking more like a pond than a field. I let a displeased groan slip past my lips. Next time I get a opportunity, we'll see which one of us is stronger.

To Be Continued...