chapter thirteen

Sanji's POV
Walking home from Luffy's party...

The small splashes of our shoes splashing in the puddles made the awkward silence a little less silent. We approached my house and I made my way inside, I glanced behind me to see that Zoro was still standing out in the rain.

"Are you waiting for an invitation?" I inquired, taking off my soaked shoes. I pulled the soggy shirt from sticking to my skin. The first thing that needs to be done is to change out of these awful clothes.

"I wasn't planning on staying." The moss man muttered, shutting the door behind him. "Too bad, it'sa little late to be walking home by yourself, you can crash here till the morning," I advised, though he had no obligation to listen to what I had to say.

"Fine, but do you have some spare clothes mine kinda got drenched." He asked while removing his shoes. "Yeah, I should have something for you to wear." I made my way up to the bedroom and began rummaging through my closet trying to find a pair of clothes.

I pulled out a black shirt and light grey sweatpants that were too big for me to wear. "Here." I tossed him the clean clothes and began rummaging for something that I could wear.

"You think this shirt will fit me?" His voice was full of confusion. "That's the biggest shirt I have, what you don't think it will fit?" I asked glancing over in the direction of my bedroom door to see him removing his shirt.

"Hey if you're going to get changed do it in the bathroom not in front of me!" I snapped at him, he shrugged and proceeded down the hall, probably should have told him where the bathroom was before yelling at him.

I pulled out my blue striped pajamas and figured I could wear them. I stripped off my soggy clothes and proceeded to put the pajamas on. "Like I said before the shirt doesn't fit." I heard his voice and the small creak of the bedroom door. I was going to call out to him but it was already too late.

I wasn't able to get my shirt on before he opened the door. My face began heating up as rage and embarrassment built up. I expected him to hurry and slam the door shut but he just stood there staring.

"Get out you pervert!" I shouted and watched as he backed out of the room. He's an idiot, does he not know how to knock before entering a room. I hurried and threw on the shirt before opening the door.

He stood there looking at all the paintings that hung in the hall. He had the black shirt I loaned him in his hands as he stood shirtless in front of me. It shouldn't be a problem I mean we're both men, it doesn't matter if he's not wearing a shirt.

"You're finally finished? Good, I'm tired, time to sleep." He yawned walking past me and collapsing onto my bed. "What do you think you're doing? Get out, you're sleeping on the couch." He glared at me like I had insulted him in some way.

"I don't want to sleep on the couch, is rather sleep with you anyways." For some reason, I didn't object. I didn't feel like arguing, after getting no sleep last night and the wild day that I've had today I just wasn't in the mood to complain.

I let out a sigh and sat down on the bed. "Try anything funny and I'll kill you." I laid down, pulled the covers over my body, and shut off the lamp, making the room an endless pit of darkness. The small thumps on the roof sounded through the room. The rain was calm, with no booms of thunder, no bright lights of lightning.

"The rain is peaceful wouldn't you say?" He asked, it was as if he knew exactly what I was thinking. "Yeah, I love the rain," I muttered, peaceful was the only word that truly describes a rain shower. "I also enjoy the rain." The moss man uttered, I could feel the unbalanced weight on his side of the bed as he moved around.

"Stop moving would you? I'm trying to sleep." The movement stopped for a brief moment before starting up again. I have had it with him, can even get a decent nights rest with him around. I was about ready to snap at him, telling him to go out of the couch. Just then I felt arms wrap around my torso pulling me backwards towards him.

"What the hell, I said no funny business!" I weakly murmured. Instead of struggling against him I dismissed the thought of protesting what he was doing. The position was relaxing with just the right amount of warmth. He was like a giant teddy bear that hugs you. it didn't take long for my eyelids to feel heavy and the words problems that I once had to all begin to drift away.

To Be Continued...