chapter five

Sanji's POV
Next day in class

The day just began and I can already tell nothing good was going to come from it. There have been rumors of a group project coming up and it just so happens to be the one day that I was out of it. Barely got a wink of sleep last night, all because I was stuck trying to finish my homework.

"Alright everyone, it's time to announce partners for the study project, you and your partner will need to have your presentation by the end of the week." Shanks reminded everyone. I let out a annoyed groaned, resting my head in my arms. Whenever Shanks picks groups, he would always pick the people who would work the worst together, he says it would be a good way to build healthy work relationships.

He began calling off people's names and they stood from their seats and went to greet their new study partner. One after another, names were called until he stopped calling them all together. I peeked up from where my head sat on the desk.

"Sanji, the person I assigned you with could make it to class today." I let out a sigh of relief, I would be able to slack off and may even get to take a nap. "That's why I chose your new partner to be Zoro." My head jolted up, why was it always him? Our eyes locked in the heat of confusion.

"Can I have a different partner?" I inquired, already knowing the fate that bestowed upon me. The red-headed man just shook his head and went back to his desk. My head rested back into my arms, tiredness overtook my body. I was finally about to enter the dream world until I heard the squeak of the chair next to me.

"Piss off moss head, I'm not in the mood to argue," I assured him, he was the real reason I couldn't get any rest. It was irritating, yet I couldn't seem to figure out why.

"We need to work on this, you're stuck with me like it or not." There it was again, his bothersome voice. It was soothing, pleasing to the ear. But I still found it aggravating. "I'm not working on the project with you," I uttered, raising my head up and off of the wooden desk.

"Hey, it's not like you would have been my first pick." He handed me the twenty page long instruction manual. I chuckled a small amount before realizing he was serious.

"No way I'm reading that boring thing." I swatted his hand away. "I'm tired. We can discuss how we're doing the project some other time."

"Okay then shitty eyebrows, where and when do you want to meet up?" I could sense the hostile tone in his voice, but I didn't have the energy to begin a confrontation.

"We can discuss planning in the local coffee shop, and we can meet up tonight at six, it will give me a few hours of sleep," I murmured, really not looking forward to this project. He nodded and returned to his seat, shortly after the bell rang.

"Sanji food!" Luffy's voice echoed throughout the room. I pulled out the food platter that I made specifically for him and sat it on the desk next to me.

"How did it go with you and Zoro?" He asked, jumping into the chair next to me. He had a hard time finding out how to unlock the container, but finally after fiddling with it for a while managed to get it opened.

"Terrible, I found out that jerk stole my umbrella, and on top of that, we were assigned to work together on this project," I whispered, trying not to cause a scene. Luffy didn't seem to be paying attention anyway, he was too focused on eating to care. "Who did you get as a partner?" I inquired.

"I got Torao as my work buddy! He doesn't seem too happy about it though." It took me a second to figure out who he was talking about, but he glanced over at the person in the corner of the room.

"Trafalgar?" Luffy nodded, he was lucky he got the smartest person in the class. For having no friends and always sitting alone, everyone wanted to be in the same group as him because of the fact that he never failed to get an A on every assignment that was handed to him.

"Maybe you should go talk to him." I insisted, the truth of the madder being that I just wanted to get a few minutes of peaceful rest. He gazed at me like a dog asking if something was okay to do, I shooed him away with my hand.

"Hey, Torao!" He yelled across the classroom as he ran through the rows of desks. I let out a sigh of relief, putting my head back down in my arms. I drowned all the small talk conversations, focusing on the sound of the rain. The rain drops didn't seem to come down as hard anymore, it was a little heavier than a sprinkle but not enough to be called rain. There was a good chance that the rain was going to stop raining soon.

To Be Continued...